Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
related thread
AMS or BRU: which is easier connection

BRU is scheduled to get PreClearance for USA flights, implementation date is unknown
Print Wikipost

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Looking at the same, but in reverse. UA F to SK - ORD-BRU-CPH with a 1:10 connection. Advisable?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Didn't need a FastTrack display on the BP when I went through (which it seems will be the same route he is taking) TXL-BRU-EWR the security at BRU just had a scanner where you scanned your BP and as long as you are F/J/Elite it'll let you through. No one was individually checking them they just had one person sort of milling about keeping an eye on things.

In that case Leg I would make sure your FF# showing *G is on your ticket.

I think I had about 90 min and with that I had about 25 min that I sat in the lounge. Make sure you head to the EWR gate once you get through security and have them ask you the questions and re-issue your BP. Also, lots of people got pulled aside (myself) included for secondary at the gate...they had about 3-4 people set up on a table that go through your bag, make you turn on your electronics/phone and even take your devices (tablet/phone) out of any cases or sleeves and things they might have on them.
Was your BP on LH paper?

Going the opposite direction I've had issues getting the FastTrack status to work even though my BP said *G (UA paper). Getting it reprinted on SN paper seemed to do the trick.

To the OP's original question, 65 minutes is doable but it will definitely be tight.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Connecting time in BRU

Hi, I'm booked on an itinerary Vienna-Brussels (on Austrian Arrows); Brussels-Newark (United)
The connecting time in Brussels is just 1 hour and 5 minutes (8:55 to 10 AM)

Is that enough time for the connection? All the threads I can find on Brussels airport are quite old, and mention two separate terminals.
I have no problem running in an airport and my BRU-EWR flight is upgraded, would that make it faster to get to my new flight? (that's why I chose this routing, pretty open upgrade inventory through Brussels in fall 2015).
Let's say my flight is late, at what point would United give my seat away as a no-show?
I can still change the itinerary until around 5 PM eastern time on Dec 31st (that's when the 24-hour window to change without penalty is up), would love to hear your opinion. The only other choice with R space open was through Berlin TXL, but TXL-EWR is on a 757 vs the 777 that's scheduled for BRU-EWR, and the connection not all that much longer (1 hour 15 minutes)
I would normally leave more time before flights to the US (like 90 minutes at least) but I booked this one because I wanted the upgrade confirmed...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k
ah, thanks for moving my post to this thread - not sure why I couldn't find it. Looks like my answer is here. It's kind of tight, but Brussels seems to be fairly easy to go through. Fingers crossed that my first flight is on time!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by augias84
Hi, I'm booked on an itinerary Vienna-Brussels (on Austrian Arrows); Brussels-Newark (United)
The connecting time in Brussels is just 1 hour and 5 minutes (8:55 to 10 AM)

Is that enough time for the connection? All the threads I can find on Brussels airport are quite old, and mention two separate terminals.
I have no problem running in an airport and my BRU-EWR flight is upgraded, would that make it faster to get to my new flight? (that's why I chose this routing, pretty open upgrade inventory through Brussels in fall 2015).
Let's say my flight is late, at what point would United give my seat away as a no-show?
I can still change the itinerary until around 5 PM eastern time on Dec 31st (that's when the 24-hour window to change without penalty is up), would love to hear your opinion. The only other choice with R space open was through Berlin TXL, but TXL-EWR is on a 757 vs the 777 that's scheduled for BRU-EWR, and the connection not all that much longer (1 hour 15 minutes)
I would normally leave more time before flights to the US (like 90 minutes at least) but I booked this one because I wanted the upgrade confirmed...
I don't know if you'll find TXL-EWR R space (if you do let me know if it is R9 so I can book ). If you DO then 1:15 is better there than 1:05 at BRU. But like you said BRU always has lots of R space if booking far out.
I would (personally) be hesitant with 65 min at BRU. There isn't any flight to get you fro VIE sooner?
At BRU you'll probably land at a bus gate in one terminal, go through this underground walkway/passage way for a bit, come up into the next terminal where you'll have to go through security again (you don't have to get your bag and recheck). Then you'll have to go through the additional at the US bound flight gate screening/doc check/questioning.
If everything is on time, you are spry and there's no extraordinarily long lines you could probably do it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Lounge Options for UA Passangers Arriving BRU?

Looks like UA has agreement with Sheraton Brussels Airport?

What about lounge access for UA951 in First? Only Brussels Lounge?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 30, 2015 at 6:45 am Reason: clarify title
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:32 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
"The Loft" Brussels Airlines. Star Alliance :

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-u.../the_loft.aspx

Could not find any info. on UA website about any agreement with Sheraton. If you stay there you can get Club Access. Try calling Sheraton Brussels Airport for answers.

British Airways has a club at Brussels if you are a SkyTeam member and meet policies, but I do not know if they have a paid access.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:45 am

Where are you arriving from? The Loft is shiny and new (nothing mind blowing but big with some nice features) but is in the Schengen zone. So you would have to arrive from EU (aka can't be coming from Africa or Thailand) to easily get there...and then you would need enough time to do exit immigration and security into the other terminal.
I don't think it worth the time or effort to make your way all the way to that area if you were not arriving in it. The lounge in the INTL area with the UA gates is pretty small and crowded around that time of departures.
Don't think there is much F experience ex-BRU.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I would suggest to use The Loft if you are ariving from schengen - SN non-Schengen lounge is mediocre (and I am trying to be polite describing this lounge as 'mediocre').
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
arriving from Luanda and I see the Sheraton mentioned here:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nal_first.aspx
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:27 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
I suggest you ask the Moderators to change the title of your thread to something like

"Lounge Access Options in Brussels?" I think you may get more responses.

OP can you be clearer what you need? Are you looking for a shower, or just a lounge? Apparently, from its website, "The Loft" has showers. The website says something about reservations, so I do not know if that means for the showers or not. Someone else may have experience and can post an answer.

Yes, I looked at the UA website link you posted.

Note that the Sheraton Brussels Airport is an "Arrivals Facility".

Here is the informational note below from the UA website about Arrivals Facility. It is not clear of one must be arriving in GlobalFirst or if your departure to Washington, D.C. in GlobalFirst will gain you access to this Arrivals Facility. Perhaps someone with experience here in Brussels can post.

"Arrivals facilities

An Arrivals facility is a retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy a breakfast and use complimentary Wi-Fi at some locations. Start your day refreshed at an Arrivals facility.

Before their departing international flight, United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers must ask a United representative at the airport to access the Arrivals facility. Access is subject to availability. Customers cannot bring guests into the Arrivals facilities."

Last edited by mkr; Jan 30, 2015 at 7:15 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA lt Gld - 1.7MM; UA GS; Marriott LT Plt; Thalys Gold
Originally Posted by everetl
arriving from Luanda and I see the Sheraton mentioned here:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nal_first.aspx
Now that's interesting, after all these years, I never heard of it.

That being said, I wonder how real that it. If you find a UA representative in Brussels will you get the answer you're looking for or a blank stare remains to be seen.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:10 am

I don't think the arrivals facility matters in this regards because the pax is arriving Angola-BRU-IAD. If it was IAD-BRU-Angola then I think it would be relevant.

But if you search here and find the same CDG hotel Sheraton arrivals thing you may end up taking a shower there but in reality you'll probably get a blank stare.
With that said if you are going to take the time to leave to the Sheraton may as well just go to The Loft.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
A general reference of European "arrivals" options can be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...continued.html .

UPDATE -- the majority of the European arrival options (including BRU) have been discontinued (early 2016)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 3, 2017 at 12:14 pm Reason: UPDATE
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:33 am

I used one of these partner affiliate shower lounges in AMS last week and it was a huge pain because my boarding pass was electronic and had vanished from my device after I left Houston the night before. Might be smart to get a paper boarding card before you leave the USA if you're planning to use something like this upon arrival. Just a tip...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.