Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United SFO Family Day - October 12th 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United SFO Family Day - October 12th 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: CX Gold
My first attendance at this event, too! Thanks a lot!! ^

Originally Posted by GS8101
Woke up in PEK and found the email invitation. Yes thanks UA Insider! My first trip to this event.
Wow, that's pretty far away! I guess you live in the States? I'm wondering if anyone outside States would come solely for this event, haha

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 27, 2014 at 3:40 pm Reason: Merged
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Congrats to those invited! ^ Please post pictures of the event on FT.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I made the cut this year. Must be the 10K pqd I have on the books through 12/31.
Last year spent 7-8k, no go.
First time entry, 9.6K PQD YTD, no love. Maybe standby or next round.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Request submitted late...darn. Fingers crossed for my son. Went to 2011 and 2012. Last year traveling so did not work out. Please...
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I made the cut this year. Must be the 10K pqd I have on the books through 12/31.
Last year spent 7-8k, no go.
Originally Posted by 168
First time entry, 9.6K PQD YTD, no love. Maybe standby or next round.
Seriously - it has nothing to do with your status, especially PQD.

It is basically first come, first serve. It does not matter even if you are GS.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
No Joy here
Booked the 2 night MCO-SFO-SEA-IAD-MCO in the hope.
Oh Well, more dim sum!

NCL-DUB-FRA-AMS-IAH-MCO-SFO-SEA-IAD-MCO-IAH-LHR-DUB-NCL

Geordieflyer
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Not sure I believe that. They ask for ft handle and in the past have asked for ff number. In earlier years they have also said they sort it by status. Maybe there's a pattern in who made it discernible here.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: United Gold
I'll already be on travel on 10/12, but I'm going to take a day trip away from my larger trip just so I can attend (cause who knows when I'll get chosen again)

I just wanted to confirm that the event starts at 11am and ends at 4:30pm, because I have to fly back to my family for a late dinner.

Also, does anyone have any idea how much cash I should bring? Are there really good souvenirs to purchase?

Last edited by love_to_travel; Sep 27, 2014 at 4:16 am
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:35 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Dang... no email. Hoping for a last minute invite! At least I get a fun weekend in SF no matter what - was worth it to book the flight and hotel in advance.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United Mileage Plus, Sun Country Ufly
No invite either . I think I might have waited too long to send in my request. Congrats to all those that made the cut and have fun! Please post lots of photos! And thanks UA Insider for including Flyertalkers in this event!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'll already be on travel on 10/12, but I'm going to take a day trip away from my larger trip just so I can attend (cause who knows when I'll get chosen again)

I just wanted to confirm that the event starts at 11am and ends at 4:30pm, because I have to fly back to my family for a late dinner.

Also, does anyone have any idea how much cash I should bring? Are there really good souvenirs to purchase?
The various employee groups have tables inside a hangar and sell T-Shirts, model airplanes and the like. In past years some of those groups have taken credit cards. The various food vendors are cash only.

Many of the UA employees bring their classic cars and have them on display on the tarmac.

Your times are correct, 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Alas, no Blue Angels again this year.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Seriously - it has nothing to do with your status, especially PQD.
I don't believe that to be true, signed up every year and got an invite every year I was 1K, dropped to Silver and no invite. No biggie, as I now need to travel on the 12th, but as it should be and as it is, status matters.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by danville 1K
The various employee groups have tables inside a hangar and sell T-Shirts, model airplanes and the like. In past years some of those groups have taken credit cards. The various food vendors are cash only.

Many of the UA employees bring their classic cars and have them on display on the tarmac.

Your times are correct, 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thanks for the info! I don't think I'll be hungry, but I wouldn't mind a few t-shirts.

Originally Posted by danville 1K
Alas, no Blue Angels again this year.
No worries, I'm going to see them tomorrow here in Hawaii. I saw them practicing on Friday, they were awesome
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Not sure I believe that. They ask for ft handle and in the past have asked for ff number. In earlier years they have also said they sort it by status. Maybe there's a pattern in who made it discernible here.
No offense to UA - Even this is an internal function, somehow UA does not know what they are doing (first-hand experience).

Your FF number, in my belief, is for tracking/identification purpose only (Remember - it is a restrictive area).

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
I don't believe that to be true, signed up every year and got an invite every year I was 1K, dropped to Silver and no invite. No biggie, as I now need to travel on the 12th, but as it should be and as it is, status matters.
In all these years that I have attended, I was never a 1K. If status matters, then I can assure that you and I would not be able to attend as SFO is a GS heavy hub.

Also, plenty of Premier Executive/Premier Gold have attended the Family day as well.

It has to do with when did you sign up. Historically, your chance was higher when you signed up on the first few hours.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier 1K
For what it's worth, I got in as a Gold, and I did take the survey fairly soon after it was posted.

I can't wait - it sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks, UA, for providing this geek-out opportunity!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.