FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United SFO Family Day - October 12th 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612244-united-sfo-family-day-october-12th-2014-a.html)

UA Insider Sep 12, 2014 8:47 am

United SFO Family Day - October 12th 2014

Hi Everyone,

It’s that time of year! United will be hosting its annual Family Day Open House for United employees and their families this year at SFO. Here are the details:

• Date: Sunday October 12th
  • Time: 11:00am to 4:30pm

This year, we’re bringing back a lot of what you know and love, including aircraft on display (from multiple United narrow- and wide-bodies, to stunt planes and civilian models) maintenance facility tours, a plane pull contest, and more. Featured guests also include the Patriots precision flying team, which was founded by a United pilot and is the only civilian jet demonstration team in the United States.

As in years past, we expect a large turn-out at this event, but have secured a limited number of tickets for members here and a guest to attend. In a slight change from year’s past we’ve created a survey to indicate interest in attending.

We will let you know via e-mail by September 26th if we’re able to confirm you and will clear those on the “standby” list by October 9th. Once confirmed, you’ll receive an email with all the specifics. We look forward to seeing you there!

UA Insider

love_to_travel Sep 12, 2014 9:23 am

Awesome! I hope I get chosen.

iceman77_7 Sep 12, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks for inviting FT again this year!

goalie Sep 12, 2014 10:03 am

Thank you again for extending this great offer ^ and do you know if there will be a plane pull contest as "Team Flyertalk" has a reputation to uphold as the 4 time reigning champion ;)

RockinPete Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

I didn't make the cut last year, hopefully I make it this year.

Not going to lie, I have always wanted to tour the SFO Maintenance Center.

mp2 Sep 12, 2014 11:38 am

Awesome. I didn't make the cut last year, hoping for this year. My 2 little boys would love it.

Fingers crossed :)

mherdeg Sep 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks for extending the invitation here. It's a very thoughtful gesture.

danville 1K Sep 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks. I'm sure this will be another great event. Appreciate you opening it up to the Flyertalk community.

TravelBeat Sep 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Survey submitted!

UA Family Day at the SFO MOC is always a thrill. Thank you to UAInsider and the United team for extending the invitation to the FlyerTalkers.

Tor Viking Sep 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Cool! I'm in....if I get chosen :)

hockey7711 Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Didn't get to go last year....maybe this year....?

GS8101 Sep 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Cool! Thanks UA!

danville 1K Sep 12, 2014 5:07 pm

8 hours have passed since UA Insider posted this, and only 12 replies. I figured by now there would be at least 50.

LongingForORD Sep 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Thanks so much for offering this to FT'ers again this year.

WineCountryUA Sep 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by danville 1K (Post 23517752)
8 hours have passed since UA Insider posted this, and only 12 replies. I figured by now there would be at least 50.

There is really no reason to reply if interested, best to go to the request site.