Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Wow, I somehow successfully registered for this promotion. What's the catch? I've never qualified for any of these things.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:47 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Wow, I somehow successfully registered for this promotion. What's the catch? I've never qualified for any of these things.
Check the T&C of the offer. Several typical catches:
  • Flights have to be booked after registration (so doesn't apply to existing itineraries)
  • Fare class restrictions--only high-yield fare classes are valid (F/A/C/D/J/Z/P/Y/B/M/E).
  • Must fly before end of promo period
  • etc.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by mkr
How were you doing on PQMs last year at this time? How are you doing on PQDs this year? Perhaps UA is looking at persons' PQMs, and thinking that they may be short on PQMs is enticing them to spend with this offer. After all, what does it cost them to get you to spend more?
Received a triple RDM offer. I've spent as much in six months this year as I spent last year but have no real revenue flights booked in the last four months of the year. Perhaps UA thinks I've done a status match.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Last year: 110,000 BIS miles on UA. This year: 0 miles. You might think they would target a long-time MM who has fled to get them to return rather than someone who will probably make 1k on their own this year. So far, I haven't been missed. Luckily, I'll have my Lifetime Gold status (unless they take that away, too).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
I've gotten nothing at all this year, but I use a BKK address, so I won't expect anything at all ever. haha...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:11 pm

Got this offer (although only F,A,J,C,D fares) and considering it since I'll need about 15,000 miles to make platinum and it might be worth it to do a mileage run. Can anyone help out with this:

"6. Double Premier qualifying miles is defined as two Premier qualifying miles for each mile flown and include base Premier qualifying miles earned on paid segments flown during the promotion period."

So, typical first class is 1.5 PQM. Does this mean I will earn 3 PQM? or 2.5? or just 2? Kinda confusing. Thanks in advance
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Staymates788
So, typical first class is 1.5 PQM. Does this mean I will earn 3 PQM? or 2.5? or just 2? Kinda confusing. Thanks in advance
2.5: Double the base, plus the 50% bonus on top of that.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:00 pm

Received 2x PQM offer but only valid for premium cabin fares (F, A, J, C and D fare classes). Pretty useless to me.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Originally Posted by relangford
Last year: 110,000 BIS miles on UA. This year: 0 miles. You might think they would target a long-time MM who has fled to get them to return rather than someone who will probably make 1k on their own this year. So far, I haven't been missed. Luckily, I'll have my Lifetime Gold status (unless they take that away, too).
Similar for me - I've got 25kPQM about $5kPQD (that mostly came from one paid J trip, otherwise I'd be at about $2kPQD). This 8-year 1K MM is done with this rodeo. I even fly Southwest now, and otherwise am a kayaker, as I never ever get upgraded anymore anyway. Five GPUs will get gifted this year. If just one person at UA would show they gave a cr*p, I might steer more business their way and at least try to get to Platinum instead of sitting back on my lifetime Gold.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
2.5: Double the base, plus the 50% bonus on top of that.
Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
No joy here. Of course the last time I was targeted, it was by a neighbor's kid with a paintball gun.

He missed me just like United did.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I was targeted as well. Sitting on roughly 12K PQM's. T&C's say H fare and above and it's per segment (no roundtrip requirement). There is limit of 25K bonus PQM's.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Has anyone seen these miles posted yet?

Offer said 6-8 weeks after end of promotion on 10/31... wondering if anyone has gotten the bonus PQM's yet? I'm still waiting and since they make the difference between 2p and 1p for me, I need them!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by albfamily
Offer said 6-8 weeks after end of promotion on 10/31... wondering if anyone has gotten the bonus PQM's yet? I'm still waiting and since they make the difference between 2p and 1p for me, I need them!
10/31 +6weeks is 12 Dec and while occasionally promos post early they tend to be closer to the end date -- So last week of Dec would be a good guess.

It is very common for these promo threads to get a post once the bonus shows up -- so lack of such as post is a good indication on no bonus yet.

2014 PQMs can post as late a 31 Jan 2015 and status for 2015 will be correct.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
I was somewhat surprised when I got one of these for double award miles, more surprised that the miles posted a couple of days ago within the 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion, and not at all surprised that I can't figure out how United came up with the miles that it gave me and that there isn't any breakout in the posting to help.

Oh well, by my accounting they gave me an extra 1134 miles, should I call and try to have it corrected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.