Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hypothetical: If Jeff Smisek became CEO of Doubletree Hotels...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k 2.2 MM

Would the chocolate chip cookies be immediately cancelled as a cost saving measure? (I understand their actual cost to the properties is approx $.27 each)

… or would guests be given half-pieces and crumbles upon check-in?

Or would he skip that job and develop a never-before curriculum and become a Professor of Brand Devaluation Studies at a top MBA program?

(as a 23 year, 2.2 mm mile former die-hard UA loyalist with an MBA, am fascinated by this Board of Directors- supported intentional brand devaluation initiative, and its two-pronged strategy of focused alienation of both consumers and workforce)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by bcharn
Would the chocolate chip cookies be immediately cancelled as a cost saving measure? (I understand their actual cost to the properties is approx $.27 each)

… or would guests be given half-pieces and crumbles upon check-in?

Or would he skip that job and develop a never-before curriculum and become a Professor of Brand Devaluation Studies at a top MBA program?

(as a 23 year, 2.2 mm mile former die-hard UA loyalist with an MBA, am fascinated by this Board of Directors- supported intentional brand devaluation initiative, and its two-pronged strategy of focused alienation of both consumers and workforce)
I choked on the whole cashew I was eating when I read this. ^
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:52 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
While I appreciate the attempt at humor, I do not believe this is an appropriate thread for this forum. There are enough threads regarding the current CEO and Board of Directors of UA with ongoing discussion; I'd like to leave some room for threads allowing members to help other members.

Thank you.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.