Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA TATL Pricing Change?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:53 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
In general, TPAC fares have always been lower than TATL.

BF to London can range from $4500 to $10k+, depending on demand. I don't think the fare you see is particularly extraordinary.
Agreed. Have just been investigating and purchasing July tickets for Europe. T fares at about $1600, P fares at about $3900. That seems fairly normal to me. Full C is about $11000.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
There is something way, way wrong with UA's website pricing right now. I plugged in a TATL flight for Sept. and the "Lowest" price generated was over a grand. Since I wanted to use an upgrade, I then plugged in a search for a W fare. The price generated was over a hundred dollars less. I'd wait to make any purchase until UA gets their act together.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by bearwoody
There is something way, way wrong with UA's website pricing right now. I plugged in a TATL flight for Sept. and the "Lowest" price generated was over a grand. Since I wanted to use an upgrade, I then plugged in a search for a W fare. The price generated was over a hundred dollars less. I'd wait to make any purchase until UA gets their act together.
Did you check the fuel surcharge? I tried the same this week and found the fuel surcharge on a WAS-DEL UA rt fare varied between the different classes in economy. For example, the T class base airfare was $699 and fuel surcharge $448 plus 158.13 tax totaled 1305.13. But the system gave me the lowest rate at the L fare with a base airfare 608.00 but it has a $688.00 fuel surcharge and with the 158.13 tax totaled $1454.13. The L base airfare is lower but specifying T as the class gave the best overall price due to the difference in fuel surcharge. Lesson learned? The systems are checking for the lowest "base airfare" which does not include the fuel. So check alternative class codes because the fuel surcharge is not public information and can vary by the class. Oh - and by the way for the heck of it- I checked all the classes on this market:
The fuel surcharge was $540.00 for Y/B/M/U/H/Q/V. $514.00 for W/S. $448.00 for T. $688.00 for L and K. The S and T classes produced a lower fare than the L class once the fuel/tax was added.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
Given your explanation, it appears the famous listed "Lowest Price Guarantee" only applies to the base fare?!? How would anyone know that? Perhaps I should have opened my post by saying that "something has gone way, way wrong with UA." Have they lost their minds with this pricing scheme?

BTW, the opening of this thread was about UA's high advertised fares. I just checked a flight from ORD to SFO in November. UA's lowest fare $498. Fare on same dates on AA $298.

My plan to do a status match with AA in 2015 (if offered) are moving ahead as expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.