Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unusual communication from United

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Unusual communication from United

I received the following communication from United. Anyone ever gotten something like this before? After examining the email headers, I pretty sure it valid. I've redacted the critical information that would identify the flight.

My name is XXXXXX, I am an Inflight Supervisor at United. According to our records you took the above flight with us, I hope it was an enjoyable experience. It has come to my attention that there may have been a problem between another customer and the Flight Attendant working in the section of the aircraft where you were sitting. If you have any knowledge or if any you had any positive/negative interactions with the Flight Attendants on your flight could you please let me know, so that I am able to resolve any issues.
Thank you for your time and your business.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Were you aware of the incident?

Glad to see UA following up -- to get an independent party's pov.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
As unusual as the communication from US Airways today?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by 318i
Not as picturesque, apparently.

The OP's communication looks like a supervisor trying to resolve a case of he-said, she-said in the wake of a passenger complaint. Good for UA for taking customer input seriously enough to make this effort -- although perhaps the complainant has upped the ante by threatening legal action or something, and UA is trolling for evidence to defend the FA or itself.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
WOW! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...usairways.html
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Quote:

WOW! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...usairways.html
I laughed so hard I lost my drink. Brilliant!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Were you aware of the incident?

Glad to see UA following up -- to get an independent party's pov.
Nope, did not notice anything, but then I generally spend most of my flights heads down working with headphones on. So I only really aware of the FAs when they are right beside me with the cart.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Did you see whatever the incident was?

According to http://www.calafa.org/rumors , complaint letters from Global Services members have led to severe disciplinary action (iirc termination warning?), so I can see why UA would be trying really hard to investigate some reported incidents.

The most recent post there actually suggests that complaint letters from 1K members (?!) might be rumored to be triggering termination for staff:

Rumor Update April 7, 2014

838. Hi, In regards to rumour 825, are all the FAs fired within the last year due to GS and 1K letters being arbitrated and/or is it for future protection against steps of discipline being ignored? Thank you

We are arbitrating it.

Rumor Update March 29, 2014

825. Are we any closer to Arbitration for FAs being disciplined for GS customers mentioning them in complaint letters?

Yes, scheduled in April.
Unrelated, found this interesting gem:

747. Rumor An Ex CAL Gate Agent told me this 1/31. @S-UA, Pilots are given a copy of the Final passenger count paperwork as we do in the cabin only it also includes blank Thank You notes and or notes of apology to use accordingly. Pilots are to write thank yous or apologies for inconvenience such as delays addressed to every GS passengers on board. She didnt say how those notes were delivered but I suspect it included FA invlovment during the flight. Absurdly false or absurdly true?

Truth Its called the Personal Touch Business Card Program, page 71 in F/A P&P, it reads as follow:

Personal Touch is a program whereby flight deck members write notes of appreciation on their United business cards to GS, Premier 1K and Premier customers.

Upon pilot request, the FSC/ISM should provide a copy of the IFR to her or him. The pilot will write a note on the back of her or his business card and then ask the FSC/ISM to present the cards to the customers during flight.

As with the Personal Touch program, the FSC/ISM may elect to distribute their business cards to select customers as a way of thanking them for their business or to provide contact information for follow-up of in flight matters. Qualified ISMs may obtain personalized business cards by contacting an ISM supervisor at their base to place an order. If desired, other flight attendants may also obtain business cards through a base coordinator for a fee.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by drowelf
I received the following communication from United. Anyone ever gotten something like this before? After examining the email headers, I pretty sure it valid. I've redacted the critical information that would identify the flight.
interesting. Let us know if you find out anything. First time I have seen something like this.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Similar to an e-mail I got from Avis, almost verbatim.

Well, replace Flight attendant with bus driver.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That thread has, predictably, disappeared into its own singularity.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
I've received similar emails, but generally only at outstations (in the ME). Sounds like something bad went down.

Of course, when I actually make a valid complaint about a FA I get a "sorry, better luck next flight" response from 1kvoice.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by drowelf
I'd be careful to make sure it's not a phishing email. If you can, without opening the email, check the email address it comes from that would help determine the validity. This may be legit but double check. I say especially since another poster indicated getting a similar email.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mh3265a
I'd be careful to make sure it's not a phishing email. If you can, without opening the email, check the email address it comes from that would help determine the validity. This may be legit but double check. I say especially since another poster indicated getting a similar email.
As I stated I did examine the email headers pretty carefully. Also the email contained some specific details (like the Flight Number, Routing and Date). It also had the full name and contact telephone number of Supervisor requesting the information. Since I use a stand-alone (not Web based) email program and this was a Text based and not HTML email I'm pretty confident that its genuine. It had no attachments or other embedded objects.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Since you have nothing to add, why worry at all? If you 100% knew that it was a legitimate email, you would not have a response to give.

Me? If I did observe something, I would make 100% certain that what I reported was complete and accurate to avoid being crucified in some labor arbitration proceeding a year from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.