Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Strange, I have no idea where it's located at LHR. It's also not listed as a UC (whereas the SFO one is), which is probably another reason I had missed it.
It's not listed as a UC because it isn't a UC. It's an Arrival Lounge for Business and First customers only. It's situated landside, just after Customs.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
It's not listed as a UC because it isn't a UC. It's an Arrival Lounge for Business and First customers only. It's situated landside, just after Customs.
And the interior design reminds me of stuff designed by LH. It is very utilitarian and not at all like the old one that UA had at T3 which was much warmer in feel.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by villox
Yes you would get access as it's within 24 hours of your flight, but as LH flights depart out of the A gates, you might not want to walk all the way to GFL (by the B gates) and back. It's a long walk and the moving walkways only go in one direction.
Thanks. Hopefully I can get on the direct flight
Old May 15, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by mrosskam
I will be flying UA GF from ORD-LHR and then onward to BKK on EVA Air Royal Laurel Class. Given that I will be arriving and connecting into LHR in UA GF, will I still be allowed access into the GFL? I have been able to do this previously at NRT, but don't know if this will be the case at LHR.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just to be clear arriving/departing UA GF have access to the UA GFL (WW) -- the *A rule for IFLs is just departing International F
Just to be sure: If arriving LHR on TG First Class, connecting to LH Business - I cannot use any first class lounge at LHR?
Old May 15, 2017, 5:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alexanderc
Just to be sure: If arriving LHR on TG First Class, connecting to LH Business - I cannot use any first class lounge at LHR?
Correct, "departure" lounges access is based of departure situation or flying the carrier operating the lounge.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Am I correct to assume that StarGold status will NOT allow you into the arrivals? Arriving on UA but in E+ :/
Old May 17, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JSlo
Am I correct to assume that StarGold status will NOT allow you into the arrivals? Arriving on UA but in E+ :/
Correct. Arrivals lounge has nothing to do with Star Gold. Only Global Service can use the arrivals lounge when traveling in United economy.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Tomorrow will be my first time to LHR. Based on what I've read, the lounge is after customs and fairly obvious right? Would we basically lug our bags and stuff after we claim them into the lounge? We're all travelling in business so access shouldnt be a problem. Do shower lines get long for 7AM arrivals?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Tomorrow will be my first time to LHR. Based on what I've read, the lounge is after customs and fairly obvious right? Would we basically lug our bags and stuff after we claim them into the lounge? We're all travelling in business so access shouldnt be a problem. Do shower lines get long for 7AM arrivals?
The Arricals lounge is immediately after exiting The secure customs
area. When you checkin at the lounge, they can tell you what is the wait time, if any.

Remember to inquire about the made-to-order menu.

Last edited by 747FC; Jun 13, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Immediately on left as you exit secure area with all your baggage.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, sounds easy to get to. Its going to be a rough morning. 1pm departure from SFO means my kids will be watching movies the entire flight and not sleeping, and it will be 11PM local when we arrive. This will be a test in patience....I may start drinking at 7.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...1pm departure from SFO means my kids will be watching movies the entire flight and not sleeping, and it will be 11PM local when we arrive...
Two words - cough syrup. Maybe four - w/ codeine.

For the kids, not you. Altitude should help effects.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Thanks, sounds easy to get to. Its going to be a rough morning. 1pm departure from SFO means my kids will be watching movies the entire flight and not sleeping, and it will be 11PM local when we arrive. This will be a test in patience....I may start drinking at 7.
"May"? You need to toughen up!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:44 pm

Anyone know the lounge hours for the United First lounge at heathrow?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by andy2016
Anyone know the lounge hours for the United First lounge at heathrow?
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lhr/
Daily, 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.