Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by tomparskate
Ideal thanks so much for the advice! I think I’ll base myself at United Club. My flight is from T2 Main so will head back in plenty of time.

Does United Club have many newspapers on offer that you can take away?
Yes. Daily Mail, Telegraph, Times, FT, some US ones, some magazines.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Would I also be right in saying that Business Class Check In Desks are at a minimum going to open 3 hours before departure?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tomparskate
Would I also be right in saying that Business Class Check In Desks are at a minimum going to open 3 hours before departure?
UA check-in counters times for LHR
London, England
Heathrow International Airport (LHR)
Terminal 2, Zone D
Heathrow International Airport
London TW6 3XA
5 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Daily
If checking bags, you may be limited to checking in no earlier than 4 hours of departure
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If checking bags, you may be limited to checking in no earlier than 4 hours of departure
YMMV but I've checked bags at T-8, T-6, and T-5 at this point with no problem. (Edit: worth noting all UA; I can imagine LH/LX in particular being more strict.)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:47 pm

I'm arriving LHR and have access to UA arrivals. After immigraton/customs I figure I'll be in the lounge around 12:30 p.m. QUESTION: Will the hot breakfast menu still be available to order from? I look forward to poached eggs and an English fryup. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by loopflyer
I'm arriving LHR and have access to UA arrivals. After immigraton/customs I figure I'll be in the lounge around 12:30 p.m. QUESTION: Will the hot breakfast menu still be available to order from? I look forward to poached eggs and an English fryup. Thanks in advance.
The lounge is accessible to those arriving by Noon. As long as you meet that standard, I’d be surprised if they refuse your requested menu. I’ve found both the Arrivals and GFL staff very accommodating.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I was there yesterday and left after noon. They were still taking breakfast orders at that time.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
It's been years since I've connected at LHR (preferring FRA/MUC to the chaos of LHR) but my wife and I flying through there on our way to LIS. Here's the situation:

1) Both GS, both flying UA J from ORD arriving LHR 0755 and continuing on to LIS at 1355.
2) It sounds like we'll be arriving in T2B with departure from T2A, but please confirm.
3) I assume we'll need to clear security, but do we need to do immigration? (I hope not, since we're not entering either Britain or the EU at that time)
4) We're hoping to use the GFL as GS's arriving in UA J. Any problem with this? How far is it from the GFL to the TAP gates, and do we need to go through security again?
5) We'll be flying with carry-on. Are there any special rules at LHR that limit what you can bring on the plane?

Many thanks in advance for advice from the LHR pros. As for SQ F lounge there, the last time I was there was in ~2004, coming through with my coming wife and her 2 daughters (they were traveling in Y but welcomed into the lounge via my one F ticket). Their eyes were big as saucers as they received made to order satays and curries. I've always had a soft spot for that lounge!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JDT1955
It's been years since I've connected at LHR (preferring FRA/MUC to the chaos of LHR) but my wife and I flying through there on our way to LIS. Here's the situation:

1) Both GS, both flying UA J from ORD arriving LHR 0755 and continuing on to LIS at 1355.
2) It sounds like we'll be arriving in T2B with departure from T2A, but please confirm.
3) I assume we'll need to clear security, but do we need to do immigration? (I hope not, since we're not entering either Britain or the EU at that time)
4) We're hoping to use the GFL as GS's arriving in UA J. Any problem with this? How far is it from the GFL to the TAP gates, and do we need to go through security again?
5) We'll be flying with carry-on. Are there any special rules at LHR that limit what you can bring on the plane?

Many thanks in advance for advice from the LHR pros. As for SQ F lounge there, the last time I was there was in ~2004, coming through with my coming wife and her 2 daughters (they were traveling in Y but welcomed into the lounge via my one F ticket). Their eyes were big as saucers as they received made to order satays and curries. I've always had a soft spot for that lounge!
You’re correct on all counts. Only hitch is the hike out to GFL, but you have tons of time. Also, I’m not sure if any carryon restrictions for TAP.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
You’re correct on all counts. Only hitch is the hike out to GFL, but you have tons of time. Also, I’m not sure if any carryon restrictions for TAP.
Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDT1955
There are moving walkways from T2A to T2B but not in the opposite direction because you will be using the tunnel for passengers departing from T2B.

TAP's carry-on baggage rules (nothing to do with particular airports) are similar to those of many other European airlines and may be found here.
https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/baggage/hand-baggage
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
When I was there 2 weeks ago, I was told that they only take hot breakfast orders until 1:00. I arrived around 12;00, and had time for a shower before submitting my order.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SS255
When I was there 2 weeks ago, I was told that they only take hot breakfast orders until 1:00. I arrived around 12;00, and had time for a shower before submitting my order.
Quite civilized of them.

David
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I was there yesterday - I was a bit shocked how worn the white armchairs (next to the windows) are. I then visited the SQ lounge - while not as spectacular as UA Club it is well maintained and also food is (slightly) better.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by TPJ
I was there yesterday - I was a bit shocked how worn the white armchairs (next to the windows) are. I then visited the SQ lounge - while not as spectacular as UA Club it is well maintained and also food is (slightly) better.
There are far worse ones near the entrance to the toilets/showers. I almost thought I was at EWR. I shuld have taken some pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.