Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 787-9 (789) Seatmap Now On united.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Arrow UA 787-9 (789) Seatmap Now On united.com

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx

48J seats and 88E+ seats.

...and for comparison the 788 has 36J and 70E+ and the two class 772 has 50J and 72E+
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Note the reduced recline in E+/E- - 4 and 3 inches, respectively. Are those slimline seats?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Seems unlikely, as they've kept the same 35/32 pitch.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
Seems unlikely, as they've kept the same 35/32 pitch.
To the contrary, that's exactly why it does suggest they are slimlines. The recline on the slidey seats measures out as less than a seat with true recline.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by Kacee
To the contrary, that's exactly why it does suggest they are slimlines. The recline on the slidey seats measures out as less than a seat with true recline.
See the diff b/t the slim and vanilla 320:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...bus320/v3.aspx

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...bus320/v2.aspx

They take 1 inch of pitch from everyone, which is where the space for row 38 comes from. If you don't reduce the pitch, you aren't gaining a row.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:50 am

That doesn't say anything about which seats will be on the 789. Note that after the installed slimlines in the 320, pitch in E+ is measured at 35 inches, exactly the same as on the 789. Note also that slimlines are not just about capacity, but weight savings as well.

In any event, I assume we'll find out soon enough which seats they're using. Hoping that someone here in the forum has that information . . . .
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Pitch does not equal legroom. You're making the same mistake that the kid who suggested changing the US Govt's default font made last week
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Why is the exit row window seat not considered E+?

Interesting they didn't number the exit row 32 for standardization

Originally Posted by star_world
Pitch does not equal legroom. You're making the same mistake that the kid who suggested changing the US Govt's default font made last week
?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Reduction in recline=another reason to leave UA
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Probably because it has the evac slide storage box thingy a-jammin' into your knees.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by joshwex90

Interesting they didn't number the exit row 32 for standardization

?
this is why....

Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:03 pm

I didn't say anything about pitch equalling legroom. In fact I said nothing at all about legroom. I said they've reduced recline on the 789 to 3/4 inches.

Do you know what kind of seats they're using on the 789? Or are you just here to sling insults?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I didn't say anything about pitch equalling legroom. In fact I said nothing at all about legroom. I said they've reduced recline on the 789 to 3/4 inches.

Do you know what kind of seats they're using on the 789? Or are you just here to sling insults?
That wasn't an insult, and what you just repeated there isn't the reason for my comment, rather it was the "To the contrary, [they've kept the same 35/32 pitch i]s exactly why it does suggest they are slimlines." line - the fact that there is higher pitch indicates that these are not slimline seats.

Insider knowledge isn't a prerequisite for posting here btw.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:34 pm

That wasn't an insult, and what you just repeated there isn't the reason for my comment, rather it was the "To the contrary, [they've kept the same 35/32 pitch i]s exactly why it does suggest they are slimlines." line - the fact that there is higher pitch indicates that these are not slimline seats.

Insider knowledge isn't a prerequisite for posting here btw.
It's the same pitch in E+ as the 320 with slimlines. So your comment really does not compute. The fact they've kept the same pitch, but show reduced recline does suggest to me they are slimlines. Otherwise, why would recline show as reduced given that pitch remains the same?

In any event, I'm inviting input on which kind of Y seat will be used on the 789 by someone who actually knows something. Obviously you need not apply.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Nice configuration, with generous numbers of BF and E+ seats - that's good for elites and upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.