Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

using United priority security line when flying ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

using United priority security line when flying ANA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Again, it's not just in practice.

What you said above, as to whether someone who is not flying UA can use the UA Premier line, was: "Technically, no". Can you explain where the rule is that says that?

OP is a UA Silver. UA Silvers get to use the UA Silver line. So far as I know, there is no rule that says they need to be flying UA -- or flying at all (assuming they have a gate pass).

*G would get you priority security on ANA, which may or may not be something that ANA has contracted for at ORD.
This is a link to an old sign, but airlines make their own arrangements for who gets priority security (although I don't actually think they pay a fee for this).
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20508673-post1057.html

To phrase it differently, since ANA are United are such close partners, I think you might be missing my point. What if I was flying WN? Can I use priority security because it says *G even though I am flying WN and have no status with them?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1353513636
What if I was flying WN? Can I use priority security because it says *G even though I am flying WN and have no status with them?
Yes.

You said that this is technically not possible. Can you point to the technical rule that says it isn't?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:24 am
HGF
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
*G would get you priority security on ANA, which may or may not be something that ANA has contracted for at ORD.
They aren't contracted for it at ORD. That's why I was asking about United's line. *G wouldn't help me in this case. You also missed the next part of my post where United explicitly says it is only for their flights and Copa. I'll quote it again.

This is right on the premier access page:
"We continually strive to make your travels more convenient when flying on United, Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia."

So technically I can't use it, but it isn't a hard rule as people have described.

Last edited by HGF; Apr 3, 2014 at 7:29 am
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HGF
They aren't contracted for it at ORD. That's why I was asking about United's line. *G wouldn't help me in this case. You also missed the next part of my post where United explicitly says it is only for their flights and Copa. I'll quote it again.

This is right on the premier access page:
"We continually strive to make your travels more convenient when flying on United, Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia."

So technically I can't use it, but it isn't a hard rule as people have described.
You're reading way, way too much into some marketing fluff.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Yes.

You said that this is technically not possible. Can you point to the technical rule that says it isn't?
Agreed. I used to use my 1k card with my DL boarding pass to get into the premier security line at MSP before I moved to SIN.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 1353513636
...just wave your Silver card ....
I have an acquaintance who waves a four-year-old "Premier Associate" card and always gets the elite security line no matter who he's flying.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have an acquaintance who waves a four-year-old "Premier Associate" card and always gets the elite security line no matter who he's flying.
My parents have always succeeded with Asiana Club Silver cards at SEA. (for reference, that's what you get when you first register, although they stopped sending them out as of 1 year ago)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.