Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2015, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Say Vandelay
Club/Lounge Locations: D8, C4, C7, C17 (both UC and PL)
United Clubs, fairly similar amenities
- near Gate C4 (as of 8/29/23 open 2:00-7:00pm)
- near Gate C7
- near Gate D8
- near Gate C17

Best Lounge Options for UA/* Gold at IAD?
and
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [Merged]
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]

Print Wikipost

IAD United Club: Which is best?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by arsenalman
Thanks everyone. From the sound of it, this club pass that i have on hand is probably a good place to maybe just pick up a drink or 2. Might just go see the museum for most of the day.

If i do go to the lounge, i will try and see if they stamp my hand if i want to go out for a walk. Will report back on Sunday.
The UC's at C17 and D8 (C and D are just 2 halves of one long concourse) are larger and more comfortable than the one at C7. During the late afternoon transatlantic departure bank especially, C7 is overflowing. None are terribly far from each other.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by zrs70
Quote:

Hello All -

I fly mostly on AA for work but for a holiday i will be flying United. I have a 6 hour stop at IAD and was wondering if you could provide input/options that i have. I heard there is no Admirals lounge in the airport and i am not flying business for this international flight, so i was wondering if i could use the One time pass at one/any of the united lounges? I will be flying from terminal C, accordingly am i just limited to the united lounge in that terminal or can i move between lounges to the best lounge available to me in my situation?

Your help/input is greatly appreciated.

You may want to consider schlepping over to the DL club and buying a pass there. Yes, it's a long walk. But you have the time. And the club is in a better terminal, and it has better amenities.

Edited to add: Sounds like you already have a UA One day pass. So scratch what I wrote!
No SkyClub at IAD, IIRC.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat
The United Club at C7 stays open until 10pm (stops serving beverages at 9:45pm) in comparison to the other two which close at 9:30pm.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
No SkyClub at IAD, IIRC.
There used to be one, hence the confusion.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by wcj1
There used to be one, hence the confusion.
My bad! It's been a while!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
The UC's at C17 and D8 (C and D are just 2 halves of one long concourse) are larger and more comfortable than the one at C7. During the late afternoon transatlantic departure bank especially, C7 is overflowing. None are terribly far from each other.
Thank you! will try the D8 lounge.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:47 pm
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
Hello All -

I fly mostly on AA for work but for a holiday i will be flying United. I have a 6 hour stop at IAD and was wondering if you could provide input/options that i have. I heard there is no Admirals lounge in the airport and i am not flying business for this international flight, so i was wondering if i could use the One time pass at one/any of the united lounges? I will be flying from terminal C, accordingly am i just limited to the united lounge in that terminal or can i move between lounges to the best lounge available to me in my situation?

Your help/input is greatly appreciated.
If it is a 6-hour layover, I'd just take the train over to Terminals A/B. You can ask the other forums what the British Airways lounge @ IAD is like and what the day-pass policy is. Even sitting around in IAD Terminal A/B is probably better than sitting in the United Club at IAD.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-a...ungeaccess/IAD
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
I find all the hate toward the United Club almost entertaining. 98% of the time they are quiet, comfortable spaces with reliable wifi and a variety of beverage options depending on what floats your boat. If they were that terrible I would venture they would not be as full as everyone indicates they are. Considering Membership costs roughly $33 a month I would say I am satisfied with the product (but only based on the rational that I use it multiple times a week). I can assure those looking for a private suite, lined in mahogany, filled with caviar and bottles of Louis XIII the price to have that sort of "club" in the US would simply make it completely non-viable. They would then complain that membership was too expensive and they were not renewing.

And for the record... Sitting around in the terminal, especially in IAD, is NEVER better than sitting in a club. Especially for 6 hours...

What a ridiculous statement.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by arctikjon
And for the record... Sitting around in the terminal, especially in IAD, is NEVER better than sitting in a club. Especially for 6 hours...

I believe the comparison was to sitting around A/B, not C/D.

A/B also has this magical place where even non-club-members can go and drink great free beer and champagne, eat delicious food, and pee in European toilets.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You're correct. Leaving the airport and visiting the Udgar-Hazy Air & Space annex is a much better way to spend a 6 hour layover, and it won't cost you $50.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by halls120
You're correct. Leaving the airport and visiting the Udgar-Hazy Air & Space annex is a much better way to spend a 6 hour layover, and it won't cost you $50.
Anywhere i can store my hand carry if i go out to the Air & Space Annex?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Yes there is storage at the museum

http://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udva...tips/index.cfm

Stow Your Baggage: The Udvar-Hazy Center has lockers in two sizes. The smaller lockers accommodate small bags (such as backpacks) and coats; the larger lockers are 12" wide, 17" deep, and 29" tall, and accommodates most carry-on size bags. A 25 cent deposit is required and the quarter is returned after the key is replaced. If you have baggage that does not fit in the lockers provided, you will be asked to carry your bags with you.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Alternately if you dont want to take it out of the airport, use your club pass and when you get inside ask them for a luggage locker. (I cant say I know for 100% that all the IAD lounges have them but most of them do so I guess you could always ask the person at the door. Anyway they will hook you up with a keyed locker, drop your stuff off, get your stamp and away you go.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Alternately if you dont want to take it out of the airport, use your club pass and when you get inside ask them for a luggage locker. (I cant say I know for 100% that all the IAD lounges have them but most of them do so I guess you could always ask the person at the door. Anyway they will hook you up with a keyed locker, drop your stuff off, get your stamp and away you go.
I am not aware of ANY United Club that has "luggage lockers".

In the new age of security, I think the leaving of luggage is actually prohibited by policy.

Am I missing something?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum, AA Advantage Gold, HHonors Silver
United Club at IAD terminal D - possibly the worst club ever

I visited the UC Friday near gate D7 and have to say I believe it to be the worst club I have ever been in. Even worse than the old RCC in Phoenix.

I do not know about the rest of the clubs at Dulles but if they are all like this one United should be ashamed. It really made my layover on my return from Europe totally unemployable.
The club was over crowded, dirty, and very warm to mention just a few issues.

Does anyone know if all the clubs in IAD are this way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.