Wiki Posts
Search

How long to ticket SK via ual.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
How long to ticket SK via ual.com?

First time I've encountered this on ual.com. Usually my LH and NH and TG tickets ticket pretty quickly.
"There is a delay in the issuance of your ticket(s). We have requested confirmation of your flights from SAS Scandinavian Airlines System and SAS Scandinavian Airlines System and SAS Scandinavian Airlines System. This process may take up to 24 hours. Your credit card will not be charged until your flights are confirmed and your ticket is issued. We will notify you via email upon confirmation."
How long does this normally take? Anyone else have any experience where it doesn't ticket and the fare is no longer honored?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by warreng24
First time I've encountered this on ual.com. Usually my LH and NH and TG tickets ticket pretty quickly.

How long does this normally take?
IME, it varies from just a few minutes to over 24 hrs. Most recently (mid-Jan), a ticket with only SK flights took 23hr 44min to ticket.

Anyone else have any experience where it doesn't ticket and the fare is no longer honored?
I've never had or heard of that actually happening.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
After 24 hrs, call it in

SK is wonky - I've had reservations that failed to ticket because somehow SK either pulled it or was inaccurately showing inventory
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Late last fall I booked award travel in September 2014 IAD-CPH-MUC on SK/LH. I received confirmation immediately, but a ticket was never issued. When I phoned UA about a week later to inquire, I was rebooked on LH via FRA (including a FRA-MUC flight that was not available online for award travel).
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
If you're getting this message because of SAS, it means you're waiting for nothing.
I have failed so many times with SAS that it's crazy. If the ticket is honoured straight away, you're good. That message...no good.
Just call UA and ask them for the reason and have them cancel the award ticket. Costs you nothing. .....or just do it yourself and book other flights.
Though may I ask which flights on SAS were you wanting to travel?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

It's not a miles booking. Was looking to book CPH-OSL-KEF-OSL-CPH
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Hmmm...I'd still call it to find out the reason.
Hope something works out for you
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tor Viking
If you're getting this message because of SAS, it means you're waiting for nothing.
I have failed so many times with SAS that it's crazy. If the ticket is honoured straight away, you're good. That message...no good.
Just call UA and ask them for the reason and have them cancel the award ticket. Costs you nothing. .....or just do it yourself and book other flights.
Though may I ask which flights on SAS were you wanting to travel?
Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. I was booking it via united.com in the hopes of getting it on 016 ticket stock to get the PQD's.

The fare went up 70$ after I booked this, so I suspect that's why my current itinerary hasn't ticketed.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
why would you try to book an all SAS itinerary via united? IME, I've had nothing but problems with UA codeshares on SAS. Whenever possible I always try to book directly with SAS

EDIT: nevermind. I see the comment about PQD

Last edited by unclpaully; Feb 20, 2014 at 3:17 pm Reason: read recent post
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:02 pm

Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. I was booking it via united.com in the hopes of getting it on 016 ticket stock to get the PQD's.

The fare went up 70$ after I booked this, so I suspect that's why my current itinerary hasn't ticketed.
Have you called?

I wouldn't assume just because a new booking is pricing higher your previously booked reservation will be higher. Its fairly common for interline bookings to take a while to ticket but the system is designed to hold the space and the fare. Several years ago this was the norm for any booking that included another airline, only in the last decade or so have certain carriers gotten better coordinated.

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. If you are worried why not call?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:14 pm

I did had a Dragonair ticket issued on United.com, and it required the partner to accept this reservation. Dragonair actually accepted the request in the matter of 5 minutes, but United.com did not proceed to ticket it until T-24. I was able to call CS at T-20 and the agent kindly pushed the reservation into the ticketing queue for me. Then the final eticket came in 2 minutes after I hang up.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenn0223
Have you called?
I called. Twice. Both reservation agents told me that United gives SAS 24 hours to get back to them to "confirm" the booking and then United will issue the ticket. They say its the same process as booking award travel (even though this is a revenue ticket). So, right now the itinerary is "on hold." If SAS does not "confirm" within 24 hours, the itinerary will "drop off" and they advise me to try booking again.

The first reservation agent was questioning how I managed to generate this itinerary. She claimed that phone agents can only sell United flights and United codeshare flights. She's not able to sell SK flights that aren't coded as a UA codeshare.

The second reservation agent was a tiny bit more helpful and tried to figure out what was wrong, but then transferred me to ual.com support which then told me the same thing (wait 24 hours).

Originally Posted by Tor Viking
I think Tor is right.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:55 am

I called. Twice. Both reservation agents told me that United gives SAS 24 hours to get back to them to "confirm" the booking and then United will issue the ticket. They say its the same process as booking award travel (even though this is a revenue ticket). So, right now the itinerary is "on hold." If SAS does not "confirm" within 24 hours, the itinerary will "drop off" and they advise me to try booking again.

The first reservation agent was questioning how I managed to generate this itinerary. She claimed that phone agents can only sell United flights and United codeshare flights. She's not able to sell SK flights that aren't coded as a UA codeshare.

The second reservation agent was a tiny bit more helpful and tried to figure out what was wrong, but then transferred me to ual.com support which then told me the same thing (wait 24 hours).

I think Tor is right.
I'd let it sit until after the 24-hours and try calling a third time to see what they say. Next time you call, I'd push them to either force it to ticket (since the 24-hrs is up) or call SK while you wait on hold.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenn0223
I'd let it sit until after the 24-hours and try calling a third time to see what they say. Next time you call, I'd push them to either force it to ticket (since the 24-hrs is up) or call SK while you wait on hold.
I called a 3rd and 4th time to see if they could call SK to see if it could be ticketed. Both agents said that they were unable to call SK, because this was an "automated" process.

I gave up, canceled the "hold" and then tried re-booking again on ual.com.

We'll see if this new itinerary tickets. I verified the price & fare via AMEX Travel, so hopefully this new booking will ticket.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:30 pm

I called a 3rd and 4th time to see if they could call SK to see if it could be ticketed. Both agents said that they were unable to call SK, because this was an "automated" process.

I gave up, canceled the "hold" and then tried re-booking again on ual.com.

We'll see if this new itinerary tickets. I verified the price & fare via AMEX Travel, so hopefully this new booking will ticket.
Did you wait the full 24 hours before canceling (and maybe a bit longer)?

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts my last SK flight took 23hrs & 44min to ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.