Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted: 2x RDM on higher-fare class UA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by kkg
Does UA charge change fees for a re-fare from S to U or M?
In the past I iduring a double EQM promotion you couldnt do it.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kkg
Does UA charge change fees for a re-fare from S to U or M?
policy is yes but some phone agents will waive the fee (although I would not be surprised they are instructed not to)

Originally Posted by 1fan
In the past I iduring a double EQM promotion you couldnt do it.
while the policy is still the same, DEQM is a bit of ancient history, a different era, a completely different company.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

I got a variant - fixed miles or a RPU or a couple of UC passes with every RT in those restricted classes. Limit 4 RTs. Nothing about a survey.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Nothing for this Lowly Plat ... Didn't get the last targeted offer either. I guess my 100% loyalty to United (haven't stepped on anyone else's planes in years) and my $10k+ Domestic spend in '13 doesn't mean anything.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I got a similar one, but mine didn't reference the survey. I didn't take it - I actually forgot about it - but found the email for it, and filled it out now. Apparently its still open.

Mine said the following:

For a limited time, earn double award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

We are offering you an exclusive opportunity to earn double miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United:
• Register by March 31, 2014
• Book your travel by May 31, 2014
• Fly between March 1 and May 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing United for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.
Worth noting the terms limit it to those receiving the email.

My wife, however, didn't get it, though we had a similar flying pattern last year. We moved overseas in Oct. so haven't been flying much since then, except for a Dec. trip back. We both had some domestics as part of that, the big difference is that her trip to/from the US ex-India was on UA while I flew TK (traveling different dates...I'm not mean). We both dropped from Plat last year to Gold.

Also may be worth noting that we both have foreign addresses (so those not living in the US do get at least some promotions). Given the high fare class restriction, and that our next trip state-side probably won't be until early June, probably won't be useful for me. But registered because, well, you never know.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
The 2x offer on expensive fare class flights.

Definitely a promo to get elite level customers to fly more, in higher fare class tix.

Tried to register eight different non-elite flyers (family, co-workers)...none accepted for the offer.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I'm stunned. I got the promotion. Now I just need to figure out if I should fly or not.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Nothing for this Lowly Plat ... Didn't get the last targeted offer either. I guess my 100% loyalty to United (haven't stepped on anyone else's planes in years) and my $10k+ Domestic spend in '13 doesn't mean anything.
Did you fill out the survey?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
What survey?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
No offer here. I can not remember when was the last time I got a targeted offer.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i never get targeted offers. it's pretty annoying. i fill out the surveys too. and i'm running low on RPU's, this would have been useful for me.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Did you fill out the survey?
As I mentioned, I didn't fill out the survey (until earlier today - I forgot about it until after I got the email offer today and I saw this thread). And as I posted above, my email was shorter, without the language mentioning the survey. So while they may have added text about the survey for those who took it in the form of personalized wording, the offer was not contingent on having completed it.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
What survey?
IIRC, there was one a couple of weeks back which looked to be investigating how likely you were to switch carriers of choice. It came on the heels of a similar *A survey for me.

I was honest and told UA I was planning on flying a little less on them this year (but still 100k miles, $10k PQD) but had already flown US several times and planned to try AA a bit. I'm sure they can see the US flights already since they're still *A and I flew them as a 1K.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:15 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I searched fares for one trip I hadn't booked yet during the promo period, deliberately looking for Z and P fares. I found a nice itin which wasn't ridiculously more than the V fares I'd been looking at before (factor in the fare class bonuses and the extra RDM and PQM), but when I click the fare rules link, despite .bomb claiming these are Z (outbound) and P (return) fares, I get fare rules for Q and S.

I take it I'd be in for a nasty surprise if I booked and flew those? They're QE143QN and SE143QN fares, presumably with the "-UP" style upgrade attached.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:33 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I got the offer, but never got a survey email. So I don't think the two are related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.