Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted: 2x RDM on higher-fare class UA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond

Just got this in e-mail (apologies if someone posted already; I didn't see it):

Originally Posted by United
For a limited time, earn double award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

Thank you for sharing your opinions on the survey we recently sent you. Your feedback is important and will help us improve your travel experience with United®.

We are offering you an exclusive opportunity to earn double miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United:
• Register by March 31, 2014
• Book your travel by May 31, 2014
• Fly between March 1 and May 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing United for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.
Of course, the promo claims ticketing must occur after 2/19 (today). I already have 40k+ in travel booked in March alone. OTOH, it's only good down to U fares (only one of mine is in U; the rest are V, W, and T), and earnings are capped at 50k RDM.

The promo # is TDC240 (buried in the T&C).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
My Mom received the email. She was Plat last year and has dropped to Gold. She doesn't fly tickets in any of those fare classes, so it's useless for her..
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Got a similar email but had a choice between RPUs, bonus miles, or UA Club passes. 1 RPU for 1 roundtrip, 2 RPUs for 2 roundtrips, and 3 RPUs for 4 roundtrips. Same restrictions, so chances are I will pass.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
ugh that sucks, i have a fair bit of W travel
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA
Similar Email, Different Offer

With our compliments: Two United Club one-time passes or a Regional Premier Upgrade is yours.

Thank you for sharing your opinions on the survey we recently sent you. Your feedback is important and will help us improve your travel experience with United®.

To enhance your travel experience with United this year, we are offering you a choice of two United Club one-time passes or a complimentary Regional Premier Upgrade. All you have to do is register by March 31, 2014, and you will see them in your account within 7 - 10 days.

Thank you for choosing United for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA G
I got -- I'm a 1K. I fly a mix of deep discount Economy (G/K/L) domestically and W or P internationally.

Not planning on having any of that P travel in the window, though.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
as per the usual no offer for me.

my final UA revenue booking for this year (so far) commences on Friday so i could care less.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:45 pm

Got the 2x RDM offer as well. Glad I filled out that survey. About to start a new project so should be able to get some good miles out of it.

Although the main message doesn't state this, the T&Cs state that it is only for round trips. Going to have to slightly adjust booking patterns for it, but not the worst thing to happen.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
No offer here....

but I did give United $37 bucks today for SEA-SFO, that was the amount over my $200 voucher. Bought a $459 ticket the other way, but that was on Alaska.

United is not getting any F/A/Y/B etc business from me any more
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1 MM lifetime
Got the same offer. I'm guessing it's because I was 1k for 7 straight years, but dropped to Premier Gold for 2014. However, the revenue category requirements make this almost useless for me.

I'm planning a trip to HKG next month. When I was 1K, I would buy an economy ticket in the W revenue category and upgrade to business class using a GPU. Total cost was about $1400 round trip from SFO. If I planned far enough in advance (and had flexibility about travel dates), I would have confirmed business class both ways.

Now as a lowly Premier Gold, I no longer have GPUs. For this upcoming HK trip, I can buy an economy ticket in the L revenue category for $968 round trip. To qualify for this promotion, I would have to buy a U category ticket for $2642 and yet would still be in economy. So, for about $1700 more, I would get an extra 13,000 redeemable miles (and some extra PQD, in case that matters). Not hardly worth it.

Seems to me that United's promotion are becoming less and less meaningful.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Got the offer to in the mail today and registered. Finally I got something back for filling out all those flight surveys.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I got the offer 1K last seven years 30,000 so far this year. Travel w or lower always. I think thats the target since I have been 1K and I have traveled a bunch this year
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:22 pm

Got the offer here. I usually don't book these classes. I guess this is an attempt to extract marginal revenue. Not going to happen..
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:34 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I got the same offer as the OP. Have not had a paid UA flight since Fall of 2012.

Full Terms & Conditions here:
Originally Posted by UA

Terms and conditions:
1. Only original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by March 31, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: February 19, 2014 – May 31, 2014.
4. Travel dates: March 1, 2014 – May 31, 2014.
5. Members can earn double award miles for travel on paid qualifying published fares in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E and U.
6. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each mile flown and include base miles earned on paid segments flown during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
8. Bonus miles may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
10. The offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:58 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Does UA charge change fees for a re-fare from S to U or M?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.