Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sCO 739/739ER vs sUA 739ER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Indelaware
You just lost a great deal of credibility.

Tomorrow, ORD-SFO has ten nonstops on the route -- zero of which are 739s. Perhaps you should ask your family for a new UA schedule.
There are two in the schedule today (Monday) as well as Wednesday and Thursday this week. There is one, Flight 1271, tomorrow. I did not look beyond that.

Perhaps your schedule needs to be updated Indelaware?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
There are two in the schedule today (Monday) as well as Wednesday and Thursday this week. There is one, Flight 1271, tomorrow. I did not look beyond that.

Perhaps your schedule needs to be updated Indelaware?
I didn't count UA1271, tomorrow, as that flight is not operating.

Still, even if it counted -- seven flights over four days comes no where close to being a route "full of them." One might say, a route with the some 739s. No way that less than 20% makes a route "full of them."
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE

Still, even if it counted -- seven flights over four days comes no where close to being a route "full of them." One might say, a route with the some 739s. No way that less than 20% makes a route "full of them."
Keep in mind that many of us don't book the day before travel. For a recent trip, I booked a 752 that ended up as a 739ER. Yes, I survived, but I did book the 752 as I prefer that aircraft. UA loves to change aircraft and schedules...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

Please check your facts first of all. 2 flights today, 2 scheduled tomorrow. Most days have between 2-4 a day. I love how you don't include the cancelled one. You lose all credibility. So continue with personal attacks, but you should really get some facts. If you look at the future schedule, 739's are taking over an average of 40% of the flights. Some days, I've seen 50% 739's schedule. So again, keep on trying to attack, but you first should get your facts straight. By summer time, you will have 70% 739's on that route.

UA seems to be keeping the 757's on ORD-SFO-ORD for now until they are retired.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Please check your facts first of all. 2 flights today, 2 scheduled tomorrow. Most days have between 2-4 a day. I love how you don't include the cancelled one. You lose all credibility. So continue with personal attacks, but you should really get some facts. If you look at the future schedule, 739's are taking over an average of 40% of the flights. Some days, I've seen 50% 739's schedule. So again, keep on trying to attack, but you first should get your facts straight. By summer time, you will have 70% 739's on that route.

UA seems to be keeping the 757's on ORD-SFO-ORD for now until they are retired.
2-4 flights per day with 739s, 10-12 flight per day total = 16% to 40%. Still not "full of them." Full means full. It doesn't mean partially full, nearly half full nor almost half-full. And "full of them," doesn't mean "will become full of them."

That said, there is a very easy way to avoid them, just connect in DEN or LAS on the way -- or move over to AA, VX or WN (out of MDW).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
my poor friends stuck on united

My goodness -

I had to last minute book a flight tonight (8pm) from ORD-LAX and the only option available was an 8:15pm united flight on a 737-900 - in economy - aisle [profanity removed, per FT Rule]

I almost always purchase F, but often buy last minute and wind up in coach on US Airways a321- the good seats. How ANYBODY could trash us air.

This seat was the PITS - I mean the total PITS - and they advertised it as their new "enhanced" economy seat - leather - about as think as a cardboard box - terrible wifi - they didn't even offer a full can of soda in coach - and serve in basically a public school swish cup. It was a torture chamber. No avod - I mean come on - LAX-ORD is a super competitive route - one would think they would put their better plane on this route.

It was TERRIBLE!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 27, 2015 at 5:42 am Reason: see above, plus moved to existing thread
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this thread was about being stuck due to snowstorm.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Welcome to the "New Smisek UNITED", you will love what Jeff has done for the airline.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:43 am

I hope their PTV controller worked. The one I had couldn't dim the screen,and I had to watch the same ads looped all the way to FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.