Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Can someone help me with my logic about moving my spend from my Sapphire card to my United card.

I fly between 50k and 75k on United per year but as a retiree always pay for cheap flights in the off season, so I never hit the PQD. I pay the $899 this year/ $999 next year annual subscription for E+ for Global use and +1 person. That seems like a bunch of real money that I would save if I could get Gold status or better, but I would probably lose some points from the travel and F&B Sapphire X3 areas.

So, it strikes me that moving 25k of spend to my United card to get Gold would allow me to get E+ at booking and save the $999 on the subscription. This would 'cost' me probably 25k in additional Chase points over the points that I would get from United. This smells like about $500 in value at 2 cents or so per mile. What am I missing?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Can someone help me with my logic about moving my spend from my Sapphire card to my United card.

I fly between 50k and 75k on United per year but as a retiree always pay for cheap flights in the off season, so I never hit the PQD. I pay the $899 this year/ $999 next year annual subscription for E+ for Global use and +1 person. That seems like a bunch of real money that I would save if I could get Gold status or better, but I would probably lose some points from the travel and F&B Sapphire X3 areas.

So, it strikes me that moving 25k of spend to my United card to get Gold would allow me to get E+ at booking and save the $999 on the subscription. This would 'cost' me probably 25k in additional Chase points over the points that I would get from United. This smells like about $500 in value at 2 cents or so per mile. What am I missing?
The Club Card gets 2 miles/dollar on United and 1.5 mpd on everything else, along with club access and a number of other perks (like no fees for close-in award booking), etc. How many fewer miles would that be for you when compared to your Sapphire card? I easily reach my spend each year, and even though I'm only Silver, I wouldn't usually make that without the waiver.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Has there been a change in a PQD waiver for Chase United Club card? For '19, I have accrued 33000+ PQM but still have no status. I do go cheap....have only $1300 PQD so far. Not paying attention I guess; didn't fly in 2018. Don't remember having to worry about PQD in the past. Thanks.

PS, purchased tickets will put me over 74000 PQM but still under the $3000 PQD req for Silver!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mycle
Has there been a change in a PQD waiver for Chase United Club card? For '19, I have accrued 33000+ PQM but still have no status. I do go cheap....have only $1300 PQD so far. Not paying attention I guess; didn't fly in 2018. Don't remember having to worry about PQD in the past. Thanks.

PS, purchased tickets will put me over 74000 PQM but still under the $3000 PQD req for Silver!
No change in the waiver, but it requires $25K in spending on the card.
mycle likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:45 am

I'm just curious how you can get 33k PQM with only $1300PQD?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
Tried to post screenshot but not enough posts. IAH PEK and IAH HKG on cheap tickets. Still have KUL and MEL and PHX to fly to get to 74000 PQM.

Originally Posted by jsloan
No change in the waiver, but it requires $25K in spending on the card.
OK thanks. So no changes to spending req on Club card? Sorry to be so thick, but is the $25000 new? I seem to be missing something here. Or maybe my timing is just off on my spending.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 2019 at 11:26 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
One TPAC roundtrip in Y will get you half of the PQM with a few hundred dollars of PQD

TCON flights are ~$200 roundtrip, fly 6x would get you around 30K PQM

If not on 016 tickets (and non-UA operated but *A flights), flown segments will credit with PQM but not PQD.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
OK thanks. So no changes to spending req on Club card? Sorry to be so thick, but is the $25000 new? I seem to be missing something here. Or maybe my timing is just off on my spending.
No, the $25k spending requirement has been around for a while.
mycle likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 23, 2019 at 11:36 am Reason: split post
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
So no changes to spending req on Club card? Sorry to be so thick, but is the $25000 new? I seem to be missing something here. Or maybe my timing is just off on my spending.
Nope, See: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/premier/qualify.html#qualifying-dollars

PQD Waiver section:

David
mycle likes this.

Last edited by DELee; Feb 23, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Tried to post screenshot but not enough posts. IAH PEK and IAH HKG on cheap tickets. Still have KUL and MEL and PHX to fly to get to 74000 PQM.

nope. $25K waiver has been around since PQD started - which was what, 2014 or so?
Old May 7, 2019, 6:57 am

When/how often does the mileage plus program update the Chase card spending in one's Premier Activity? I can't discern a pattern/schedule.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 7, 2019 at 7:49 am Reason: Moved to consodidated thread
Old May 7, 2019, 7:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
When/how often does the mileage plus program update the Chase card spending in one's Premier Activity? I can't discern a pattern/schedule.
Not clearly stated anywhere but appears to be weekly, was less frequent in the past.
mycle likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
From my observations, the total updates each Friday to include spending up to the previous Sunday.
mycle likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swiftaw
From my observations, the total updates each Friday to include spending up to the previous Sunday.
It’s been a while since I specifically looked at that, but that is my recollection as well. I think that changes at some point - either last year or the year before, it seemed to update for me around Tuesday morning, but have definitely noticed Friday for sure when I paid attention earlier this year.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:56 pm

Talking

Made *A GOLD this afternoon. Update 13 days since last update FYI. Now on to upgrade those seats to MEL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.