Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Chase MP Explorer card spending waiver

Can anyone confirm whether all MP Explorer card spending in the calendar year counts toward the PQD spending waiver, even if the statement date is in 2017?

I'm currently at $24,707 and my last statement date was early Dec. I've definitely spent another $300+ on the card since then, but will it count if the CC statement doesn't issue until Jan? I'm about to hit 75K PQM on my next flight and it would be a shame to miss Plat by such a small margin! I'll be about $1K short of the PQD threshold.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr Kate
Can anyone confirm whether all MP Explorer card spending in the calendar year counts toward the PQD spending waiver, even if the statement date is in 2017? ....
The credit card spend is updated weekly and is calendar based, not statement based.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
CC Spend

What charges accrue towards the 2017, 25k spend for platinum...

only charges made in calendar year 2017
or
All charges that are included on the credit card bill that is issued in calendar year 2017?

thanks
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:00 pm

If you read the post above yours you will see that it has nothing to do with any bills or billing cycle.

Only spending posted in 2016 counts if United decides to count it. If they don't there's nothing you or the rep can do about it.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
While that is probably a reasonable assumption, UA so far, has made not allowances concerning the 2017 qualification requirements. Announcements have been getting later and later annually and sometime very soft (stealth website updates in January).
That really makes it tough to make plans. It's Dec. 22 and they still haven't announced it?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DesertRat
That really makes it tough to make plans. It's Dec. 22 and they still haven't announced it?
I'm running on the assumption the basic requirements are not changing at this time. Does not mean there will no changes, just no announcements at this time. There have been mid-year benefit changes in past years, but none that effected qualifying.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
got the 10k chase bonus in my MP account today for hitting $25k on my MPE card; the mystatus page (with refreshed stats as of this morning) still shows me under $25k chase spend.

right hand, meet left hand.... however that saying goes.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by riphamilton
got the 10k chase bonus in my MP account today for hitting $25k on my MPE card; the mystatus page (with refreshed stats as of this morning) still shows me under $25k chase spend.

right hand, meet left hand.... however that saying goes.
or, let's be a little more real-life (especially with airlines), where nit everything happens instantaneously. Ever seen a delay time go through the system. I get a text at least a few minutes before the gate screens are updated, usually, and sometimes before staff even are notified. Last time I was onboard, Captain announced a delay, and I didn't get a text, and flight status online didn't update for a good 20 or 30 minutes (captain told me after he had to tell them to change it, as he noticed that too).

Fact is that Chase has their own data, and probably instructs UA to issue the miles as soon as you hit the milestone. The dashboard updates only weekly online, and I'd guess the data is actually a couple to a few days old.

As another example, the MileagePlus emails that get sent out (not to mention others, like Marriott), are often also behind. I notice that mileage in those is often outdated by a week or even longer. I know some things do actually update on demand, and we expect everything to be updated real-time, but systems don't always work that way. It'll be updated soon and it won't really change anything in the long run.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Gold Premier, AA Life Platinum 3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Any Update on Chase 25K Spending PQD Waiver for 2017?

While that is probably a reasonable assumption, UA so far, has made not allowances concerning the 2017 qualification requirements. Announcements have been getting later and later annually and sometime very soft (stealth website updates in January).
It's now past noon on 1st January 2017 and the webpage at mystatus.united.com is showing no evidence of any 2017 tracker for Chase spending for the PQD waiver for Premier Silver/Gold/Platinum qualification for US based travelers. Moreover the language here:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...AQs.aspx#terms

only addresses the applicability of the waiver for 2016.

I switched from AA to UA in mid-2016 (and met the Premier Gold challenge match and got the MileagePlus Explorer card from Chase as part of the process) with the intent to take full advantage of the PQD waiver to either maintain my Premier Gold status or go for Premier Platinum in 2017.

Has anyone heard anything official from United (or Chase) regarding the status of the PQD waiver for qualification during the current 2017 year?

As someone still unfamiliar with many of UA's practices, I wonder if anyone can tell me how long UA may wait to clarify the exact status of the Chase PQD waiver for 2017.

I have a lot of travel planning in the pipeline and it is all completely up in the air pending an unambiguous understanding of how the PQD waiver rules are going to work going forward. (There is even the possibility of bouncing back to AA if the PQD waiver has been eliminated.)
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Not a word has been spoken. I need to know because I'm going to match with AS if there is no waiver. No way I can hit $6,000 for gold.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Rover75
Has anyone heard anything official from United (or Chase) regarding the status of the PQD waiver for qualification during the current 2017 year?

As someone still unfamiliar with many of UA's practices, I wonder if anyone can tell me how long UA may wait to clarify the exact status of the Chase PQD waiver for 2017.

I have a lot of travel planning in the pipeline and it is all completely up in the air pending an unambiguous understanding of how the PQD waiver rules are going to work going forward. (There is even the possibility of bouncing back to AA if the PQD waiver has been eliminated.)
I am in the same boat, but I would not freak out quite yet. I am pretty sure no one's screen shows any activity yet and will not until 1/2 or 1/3. Then we will see the "traditional" status screen we are used to. If the PQD waiver screen is missing then, I might begin to worry.

Also, that would be a pretty big change in the program to not announce far in advance of the end of the year
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
not that it's necessarily indicative of anything, but at least the app says that my credit card waiver is "not met". i don't see the waiver going away.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Although not the greatest deal, will 25K spend on the no-fee United MP card that is offered when trying to cancel the MPE card count towards the waiver?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
Although not the greatest deal, will 25K spend on the no-fee United MP card that is offered when trying to cancel the MPE card count towards the waiver?
Any Chase MP branded card is the way the waiver is phrased. But if you are going to put $25K on a card, wouldn't it be better to get a card with a decent mileage earning rate?

Isn't the free card 0.5 miles per $ vs 1 mile per dollar?
12,500 miles for $90 is 0.7 cpm.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Any Chase MP branded card is the way the waiver is phrased. But if you are going to put $25K on a card, wouldn't it be better to get a card with a decent mileage earning rate?

Isn't the free card 0.5 miles per $ vs 1 mile per dollar?
12,500 miles for $90 is 0.7 cpm.
I'm not asking for myself as I'm 1K and the waiver doesnt apply.
Everyone values miles differently, I just want to give all the information.

I agree that 35000RDM - $95 > 12500RDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.