Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 United Club (UC) Thread for Changes, News, Features, Competitive Position, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Please see click here for the 2015 UC Thread.

New United Club alcohol selection beginning on 10-Sep-2013:

Beer
Free:
Bud Light (minus IAD/DEN), Coors Light (IAD/DEN/JFK), MGD (IAH/MCO/PHL/DEN/HNL/DCA), Budweiser (SFO when they run out of Bud Light), Miller drafts, Miller Lite & MGD bottle (CLE), Coors Light & MGD draft (PDX), Coors Light draft and MD bottle (MSP), MGD bottle (BOS)

Regional Beers ($3 for a small glass, ~6-10oz depending upon the bartender):
BOS -
CLE - Heineken, Great Lakes Dortmunder (and appears to be a 10 oz pour)
DCA - Heineken (draft), Blue Moon, Sam Adams
DEN - Heineken, Blue Moon
DFW - Blue Moon, Batch 19
EWR - Heineken, Sam Adams, Brooklyn Lager, Blue Point Pale Ale
HNL - Longboard (in bottles, tap available before the downgrade is now gone)
IAD - Heineken, Sam Adams
IAH - Heineken, Shiner Bock, St Arnolds (specific St Arnolds brew changes seasonally)
JFK -
LAS - Heineken, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
LAX - Heineken, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
LGA - Heineken, Corona
MCO - Hurricane Reef (Florida Beer Company Melbourne FL), Heineken bottle, Yuengling bottle
MSP - Heineken, Lift Bridge Farm Girl Saison, Summit Extra Pale Ale (all bottles)
ORD - Heineken, Goose Island, Sam Adams
PDX - Heineken, Dead Man
PHL - Yuengling
SAN - Heineken, Karl Strauss
SEA - Pyramid Hefeweizen
SFO - Heineken, Big Daddy IPA, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Wine
White:
Sycamore Lane Chardonnay, CA - Free
Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Valdadige, IT $12
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, NZ $14
Groth Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley $12
Rutherford Hill Chardonnay Napa Valley $14
Franciscan Estate Chardonnay, Napa Valley $12

Red:
Sycamore Lane Cabernet Sauvignon, CA - Free
Twisted Cabernet Sauvignon - Free
Mark West Pinot Noir, Napa Valley $13
Rutherford Hill Merlot, Napa Valley $14
Terrazas 'Las Compuertas Vineyard' Malbec, Mendoza, AR $15
Dona Paula Estate Malbec, Mendoza, AR $13
Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, CA $15
Joel Gott 815 Cabernet Sauvignon, CA $13

Sparkling:
Prosecco Mionetto Brut Prosecco D.O.C. Valdobliadene, IT $12
Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label, Champagne, FR $14

$3 discount on all wine if you pay with your MileagePlus Club Card or Presidential Plus Card

Liquor
Vodka:
McCormick's: Free
Bellows: Free (ORD)
Popov: Free (DEN)
Gordon's: Free (JFK, SFO)
Stoli $9
Tito's $7
Ketel One $11
Grey Goose $11

Gin:
Gordon's: Free (EWR, JFK, SFO)
Beefeater $7
Bombay Sapphire $11
Hendricks $11

Tequila:
Capitan: Free (JFK)
Cuervo Gold $7
Patron Silver $11
Patron Reposado $11

Rum:
Montego Bay or McCormick's: Free
Castillo: Free (JFK)
Bacardi $7
Captain Morgan $9
10 Cane $11

Whiskey:
McCormick's: Free (AUS, ORD)
Barton Reserve: Free (SFO)
Evan Williams: Free (IAD)
Seagrams (LAX) *may still be lingering from comp days*
Jim Beam $7
Canadian Club $7
Jameson $9
Jack Daniels $11
Crown Royale $11
Woodford Reserve $11

Scotch:
McCormick's: Free (AUS, LAX)
House of Stuart: Free (LAS)
Scoresby: Free (JFK)
Dewar's White Label $7
Chivas Regal $11
Glennfiddich 12 Year $11

Brandy/Cognac:
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. $9
Hennessy XO $11

Cordials (all $6):
Bailey's
Campari
Disaronno
Kahlua
Grand Marnier

Thanks to MrColdShower for the initial info for this wikipost!

To send emails here are some addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Social Media: @United #unitedclubdowngrade
Hub: https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/pr...ited-club.aspx

United Club WiFi Authentication

Reports starting to appear -- July 2015 --- EWR, IAH, SFO, ORD, ....
Four option
  • UC Members - MP number and password/PIN
  • Star Gold - Confirmation number and surname
  • Business/First Class - Confirmation number and surname
  • Guest/One-time-pass/etc - A fixed "password of the day" which is on display inside the club
Has a "Remember Me" function for UC members, option for *A members and
New WIFI Authentication/Sign on at EWR United Club (MP#, PNR, or Password-of-the-Day)

Other Related Threads:

Reload this Page Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Print Wikipost

2014 United Club (UC) Thread for Changes, News, Features, Competitive Position, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Did they stop putting out yogurt? DEN didn't have any on Tuesday morning before 9am?? I couldn't understand the waitserve person- out or no more?
Had yogurt at CLE this morning. It was set out at the bar for whatever reason.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by micmcguire
Any thoughts on the fact that the "premium" wines are nothing more than $9.99 bottles of swill from the local grocery store?

Literally the Mark West ranges from $9.99 to 12.99 at HyVee or any local liquor store. And we should pay $15 a glass for that? Seriously?
Drink the Joel Gott Cab- very good wine
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: GS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, *gold
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Drink the Joel Gott Cab- very good wine
Thanks I will will try it, but its $12.99 - $16.99 (2011-2013) a bottle here, am not opposed to any wine at that price mind you. I just hate that they call it "premium".

Give me a Camus, Stags Leap or similar and I will not mind calling them "premium". My definition of a premium may be out of whack but I have to think the bottle price at retail has to be minimum of $40-$50 to call it premium. Heck even get to $30 at the Club and I won't feel totally ripped off.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thanks I will will try it, but its $12.99 - $16.99 (2011-2013) a bottle here, am not opposed to any wine at that price mind you. I just hate that they call it "premium".

Give me a Camus, Stags Leap or similar and I will not mind calling them "premium". My definition of a premium may be out of whack but I have to think the bottle price at retail has to be minimum of $40-$50 to call it premium. Heck even get to $30 at the Club and I won't feel totally ripped off.
When the premium wine program started they really did have some quite excellent premium fferings.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by LGA1K
Confirming that sparkling wine receives the $3.00 Club Card discount at the EWR United Club as of last week.
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Is it only for the CLUB and Pres card and not the Explorer? In Denver I got the discount using the Exp for my screw drivers with Tito's and in EWR I got it for Veuve and a screw driver. But when I was at JFK on Tuesday I got nothing off the two glasses of VC.
It looks like the promotional signage has been updated to include discount for champagne and premium liquor. The discount should be only for Club and Presidential Plus cards - you got luck with the extra discount.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:06 pm

I would invite you to buy a bottle of Joel Gott, Caymus & Staggs Leap - Go home, hand them to your Significant Other, Have that person wrap tin foil around the bottles and remove the foil around the closure.

Blind Taste them. I have done this a few times with Joel Gott vs Jordan & Silver Oak.

You will be surprised

Great party trick also
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: GS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, *gold
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
I would invite you to buy a bottle of Joel Gott, Caymus & Staggs Leap - Go home, hand them to your Significant Other, Have that person wrap tin foil around the bottles and remove the foil around the closure.

Blind Taste them. I have done this a few times with Joel Gott vs Jordan & Silver Oak.

You will be surprised

Great party trick also
I will definitely try that. That sounds like a great excuse to get everyone loosened up at our dinner club party.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:26 pm

Wine is all subjective as you know and this is a great way to get people talking, seeing what they like in the wine & without a name label, there can be no preconceived notions.

If you prepare the bottles - make sure you take all the foils off - you want to be surprised too!

Here are 5 - 90 second Harvest Videos from Joel Gott I found. Pretty interesting

Episode #5 http://vimeo.com/76624628
Episode #4 http://vimeo.com/76073208
Episode #3 http://vimeo.com/75550417
Episode #2 http://vimeo.com/74950076
Episode #1 http://vimeo.com/73900300

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Expansion of DCA club

An agent here at DCA said expansion plans to double the size of the lounge are supposed to get underway by summer. The plan is to expand into the museum area adjacent to the lounge. He said the new area will retain some aspects of the museum.

Good news for a lounge that sometimes gets very crowded.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm in the British Airways Lounge at JFK next to the UC and I'm crying at the thoughts that on a p.s. flight I'll have to go back there. If they lock up the hot cocoa can they at least install a bubbling fountain! They could probably get a deal out of SkyMall!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I'm in the British Airways Lounge at JFK next to the UC and I'm crying at the thoughts that on a p.s. flight I'll have to go back there. If they lock up the hot cocoa can they at least install a bubbling fountain! They could probably get a deal out of SkyMall!
Could be worse...at least you're getting on a PS flight after leaving the JFK UC next time
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I've tried the new (unwrapped) cookies. I thought they were ok. Presumably, the reason is to prevent people from taking extras with them--harder with unwrapped food.

To me, the much bigger deficiency food-wise is the lack of real food options in the club, regardless of who is paying for it. Real food isn't complimentary; you can't buy it; and you can't bring it in.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Nasty snack at LAX United Club

I'm at LAX United Club now. I went to one of the gerbel feeders to get a cup of some snack mix. It is unusually horrible...even by UC standards. It has these ingredients...M&M's, cashews, raisins, and some unknown orange cubes. United has an uncanny knack of taking individually edible ingredients and combining them in such a way as to make the concocted mix inedible. Sort of a negative synergistic effect. United excels at this. For example, cashews are pretty good right? Well, not in this witches brew. The cashews and everything else in the mix tastes stale. Even when you pick out the cashews and eat those separately they taste terrible. Perhaps they prepare this concoction in 1 ton batches and then store it in some warm humid place for a few months before serving it. It certainly tastes as if that is what they do.

My curiosity is getting to me about the orange cubes. I'd like to know what they are but I can't risk a trip to the hospital. Maybe I will look for someone else in the club (Mikey?) and see if he is eating it and ask him what it is. If I find out I will report back.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:28 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
It's either mango or papaya.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
This mix has been around for a while and not atypical of a basic trail mix. The "cubes" are dried fruit, likely mangos. It's actually one of my preferred snacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.