Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More UA/SQ award booking challenges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by sbm12
If it doesn't cost them anything then why fix it at all??

I'm certain this isn't atop any work lists, but I'm also pretty sure that they're not choosing to ignore it because they want to save a few bucks on partner Y bookings.
Absolutely...

The IT staff already has their hands full just turning the website into 'tiles', so they likely don't care about this at all; Simply put, it's a sign of COdbaUA's attitude toward technology and moreso, their customers: Reduce the options; Things break; Don't fix them, since the customers don't know any better and if they do, come up with an excuse or say it's a 'bug'.

They know that the relatively small members of FT folks who catch wind of this don't mean anything compared to the hordes of Kettles who cash in their miles on UA-metal EWR-CDG for holiday and think it's amazing that they got there 'for free'.

-jeremy
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just changed a US - Europe - Singapore - Japan - US award to include a flight with SQ in the reservation; a manual price was required when reissuing the ticket. The agent seemed to be aware of the issue, and I was only on hold for about 5 minutes.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by boat9781
Just changed a US - Europe - Singapore - Japan - US award to include a flight with SQ in the reservation; a manual price was required when reissuing the ticket. The agent seemed to be aware of the issue, and I was only on hold for about 5 minutes.
Was the SQ flight one of the ones from or to the US? Those seem to be the problem ones.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cc0818
Was the SQ flight one of the ones from or to the US? Those seem to be the problem ones.
No. It seems that if any SQ flight is included in a reservation, a manual price is required; SQ flights that touch the US simply cannot be booked.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: nobody
No. It seems that if any SQ flight is included in a reservation, a manual price is required; SQ flights that touch the US simply cannot be booked.
Still on the phone with UA (52 minutes and counting) for 2 tickets from US-HKG to AMS via SIN. I have to say the agent was really friendly though.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Still on the phone with UA (52 minutes and counting) for 2 tickets from US-HKG to AMS via SIN. I have to say the agent was really friendly though.
Please let us know how it works out! I've been trying to book FRA-JFK for days now with no luck.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Correct.
Please let us know how it works out! I've been trying to book FRA-JFK for days now with no luck.
Not gonna happen until they fix the systems. I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: nobody
Confirmed and ticketed^ my task to burn 520,000 miles from 6 accounts in 30 days is completed. Now I need to get some sleep.

Don't wait til the last minute to book award with SQ segment.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Bingo.
Doubt it. The big devaluation is *G award tickets in premium cabins, and these are basically unavailable on SQ (and definitely not any of the flights to/from the US).
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

This issue should be resolved now.

Happy flying.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
This issue should be resolved now.

Happy flying.
Are SQ reservations still needing to be manually priced? Good to hear that UA can book SQ flights that touch the US now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.