Wiki Posts
Search

Changing current award (on hold)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Changing current award (on hold)

I currently have an award ticket booked and ticketed with miles. I want to change the tickets return class of service from coach to business. This will require additional miles (which I currently wont have as they are being transfer into my account on Monday via Marriott transfer). Will United allow me to hold a change without the miles? If the points do not finalize is my current reservation held too?

Many thanks for any help.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jwchef1975
I currently have an award ticket booked and ticketed with miles. I want to change the tickets return class of service from coach to business. This will require additional miles (which I currently wont have as they are being transfer into my account on Monday via Marriott transfer). Will United allow me to hold a change without the miles? ...
unlikely

Originally Posted by jwchef1975
.... If the points do not finalize is my current reservation held too? ....
never have done this but I doubt UA will let you hold two reservations on the same flight -- so to answer your question, I think this is an all or nothing situation.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
never have done this but I doubt UA will let you hold two reservations on the same flight -- so to answer your question, I think this is an all or nothing situation.
I've had 2 reservations on the same flight. Never held them for more than a day or so though.

I have had 2 different reservations on 2 different flights that ended up overlapping. About a week before departure United called me to resolve the conflict.

YMMV
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
UA itself will not do this. A TA can do this for you. Likely involves a fee.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by scottish_colin
I've had 2 reservations on the same flight. Never held them for more than a day or so though.

I have had 2 different reservations on 2 different flights that ended up overlapping. About a week before departure United called me to resolve the conflict.

YMMV
Sure it is possible to do but as you found out UA will detect it and certainty will not help the OP to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.