Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines companion pass restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Hello

I am new to the forum. Planning to fly from South East Asia to SFO and then HNL and back to Asia on the companion pass program. As I am first time user to the program, please can I understand

1. Can the passes be used on a UA flight operated by a partner (eg. Lufhthansa)
2. Do the tickets need to be roundtrip or it can be a multi-city booking, eg. Bangkok to SFO back to Singapore on the pass program.

Please can someone guide me to the relevant posting.

Thank you.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, Nidhi Aggarwal!

This is the most recent thread I can find on the subject:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nfo-forum.html
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:45 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
What did the employee giving you the pass say?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:05 pm

Nidhi,

First off, welcome to FlyerTalk.

Second, by 'Companion Pass' I assume you mean employee benefit travel, also known as "Buddy Pass". If so, and not to be rude, but ask the employee. The employee will have all the info you need and will be able to answer any questions you have.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
If the employee you are getting the pass from is a United or United Express employee, then you can only travel on United or United Express flights. (no Lufthansa or other Star Alliance airlines). Only the employee, their spouse, and children have the ability to fly other airlines under employee travel.

You can list for any flights you want. The employee is charged per each segment that you are boarded on.

United service to BKK ends April 9, so you will have to travel before then in order to fly on a buddy pass. After that you will have to buy a ticket to somewhere that UA flies to (I recommend TPE since that will be a new flight that should not be that full).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.