Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Double RDM for flying SEA-LAX/SFO/PDX/ANC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double RDM for flying SEA-LAX/SFO/PDX/ANC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Wow. At this point, it looks like UA is just dialing it in. Aside from waiting forever to match the AS and DL promos. They took the worst aspects from each: Delta's requirement that tickets be purchased by 12/31 and AS's requirement that all flights be flown by 5/31. Then they added their own touch and made it even worse by placing fare class restrictions. ^
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by noah
Lamest
Promo
Ever
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Wow. At this point, it looks like UA is just dialing it in. Aside from waiting forever to match the AS and DL promos. They took the worst aspects from each: Delta's requirement that tickets be purchased by 12/31 and AS's requirement that all flights be flown by 5/31. Then they added their own touch and made it even worse by placing fare class restrictions. ^
But you're not taking into account how much more valuable UA miles are for foreign partner redemptions! Oh wait, never mind . . . .
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Anyone know how this would work with 1K accumulation bonus? Would the promotion be on top of premier accumulation bonus?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I just checked fares for Mar. 12, and the eligible buckets for this promo raise the fare from $89 to $177! I think it would be cheaper to just buy miles through the MP accelerator than to take advantage of this 'offer'.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G
It feels like UA is trying to reduce the number of miles in circulation, but just can't let go of Chase's teat.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Not available to non-US based members of MP
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:03 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
And no DPQM...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by nnn
And no DPQM...
I think UA would call that the cherry on the sundae.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nnn
And no DPQM...
Will be of less attractiveness for many with PQDs in 2014
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think UA would call that the cherry on the sundae.
Didn't you hear? No more cherries on sundaes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.