Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Double RDM for flying SEA-LAX/SFO/PDX/ANC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB9M61

Earn double miles when you fly between select West Coast cities.

For a limited time, you can earn double award miles when you fly nonstop between Seattle and any of the following cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland (Oregon) or Anchorage.

To qualify for this offer, register and purchase before December 31, 2013, and complete your travel by May 31, 2014.

Terms and conditions:

Offer is valid for all nonstop flights marketed and operated by United® or United Express® between Seattle and any of the following cities: Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco or Anchorage.
Connections to and out of Seattle, Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco or Anchorage are allowed. However the bonus is only valid for non-stop segments between Seattle and any of the following cities: Los Angeles (LAX), Portland (PDX), San Francisco (SFO) or Anchorage (ANC).
Registration and booking on united.com is required by December 31, 2013.
Offer is valid on tickets purchased between December 2, 2013, and December 31, 2013.
Offer is valid on travel completed between December 2, 2013 and May 31, 2014.
Offer valid for travel in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W and S fare classes.
Double miles is defined as two multiplied by the base award miles otherwise credited in connection with qualifying flights.
This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Angry

Grrr. Had put off buying SEA-ANC hoping UA would match DL, but gave up at the end of last week.

Oh, but wait, it's not a match. DL's offer is double MQMs.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
I am guessing that loads to/from SEA are way down... I've bought/looked several times recently ex-SFO and ex-LAX and each time UAL is much cheaper, and there are lots of empty seats on the planes.

Can UAL fly SEA-ANC on a EJR-145 or CRJ-700? Maybe they downgage that....
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spin88
I am guessing that loads to/from SEA are way down... I've bought/looked several times recently ex-SFO and ex-LAX and each time UAL is much cheaper, and there are lots of empty seats on the planes.

UA upgauged SFO-SEA to all-mainline earlier this year to go up against DL, so there's a glut of seats on the route. It's gotta be a bloodbath for all parties involved.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by unavaca

UA upgauged SFO-SEA to all-mainline earlier this year to go up against DL, so there's a glut of seats on the route. It's gotta be a bloodbath for all parties involved.
Except lucky Seattleites who get lower fares and promos galore!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Rec'd the promo email but as I posted in the now closed thread about this promo showing up before it actually went live, when I go to register, I'm brought back to the promo page vs being directed to a "registration successful" page
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
So, is it both from and to SEA from those cities?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
So, is it both from and to SEA from those cities?
Promo language: 'between Seattle and any of the following cities,'

not 'from Seattle to the following cities...'
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Between means to or from in my mind
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
remember folks T, L, K, G and N fares do not apply. I suspect these buckets are open based on the talk about open seats.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by demkr

Between means to or from in my mind
correct you fly "between" cities. And if you look at a map the flight takes place during the distance between both cities (wormholes notwithstanding).
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by unavaca
????

Just randomly selected, Tuesday Dec 10 SFO-SEA

6:14 am 319
8:42 am CRJ700
11:35 am B739
1:05 pm CRJ700
4 pm CRJ200
5:53 pm B739
7:35 pm B738
10:50 pm B757.

Good to see how that "all UA mainline" deal you are talking about is working out. I know, I just booked AS to avoid those pesky "mainline" planes at the time I wanted to go up...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Lamest
Promo
Ever

Come on UA, you're going to have to do better than simply offering double miles for SEA flights *only*. If you want to protect your valuable west coast flyers, lets open this up to other cities. DL is coming after you not just in SEA, but in PDX and SFO as well...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

????

Just randomly selected, Tuesday Dec 10 SFO-SEA

6:14 am 319
8:42 am CRJ700
11:35 am B739
1:05 pm CRJ700
4 pm CRJ200
5:53 pm B739
7:35 pm B738
10:50 pm B757.

Good to see how that "all UA mainline" deal you are talking about is working out. I know, I just booked AS to avoid those pesky "mainline" planes at the time I wanted to go up...
s/upgaugged/is upgauging/

It starts April 1st. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5889059/
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Promo language: 'between Seattle and any of the following cities,'

not 'from Seattle to the following cities...'
Thanks.

Interesting. I would have read it more restrictively. Glad to be wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.