Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fox news on in United club iah C

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:13 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This is an issue that has come up in the past as well. PMUA also had Fox on in the RCCs at times. It's not new, but choice of TV stations in the club can make for interesting marketing discussion.

This thread will be moved or closed quite quickly if the conversation degrades to insults and political discussions. I've removed one post. Let's keep the conversation respectful.

l'etoile UA moderator
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA G
Can we get one of the business networks instead? I'd be happy with CNBC, Bloomberg, or Fox Business.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
Can we get one of the business networks instead? I'd be happy with CNBC, Bloomberg, or Fox Business.
Or even HLN. It's not exactly a pillar of expository journalism, but the content is totally innocuous and every story is morsel-sized for viewers on the go. My usual Hampton Inn always has HLN on and it feels appropriate. The other day I was at a Hampton that had Fox News on at breakfast and it just seemed unnecessarily acrimonious and inherently alienating to many guests. I heard grumbles coming from another table as well.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by Denvercccc
This just seems wrong. Is this the new policy?
I have to deal with CNN and MSNBC in the Bay Area. I think you'll survive.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:00 pm

Fox News viewership is much higher than any other news channel...so on that basis justified.

Personally would prefer a business channel as noted above. Fox Business eclipsed CNBC for those keeping score.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
If I saw Fox News on in a UC I would register a complaint both in the club and to Global Services.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:05 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
In less than one hour, three posters decided to ignore the warning. Their posts have been deleted and the thread is now closed.

l'etoile
UA moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.