Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All 752, 76x, 77x, 78x aircraft have lieflat seats, no other UA aircraft does

https://www.unitedcargo.com/ provides route info by aircraft type, such as Widebody Schedule Dec 2018 for regularly scheduled flights.
Print Wikipost

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
This seems like very positive news. Hopefully they will stick around in the domestic fleet for a while. I'd love to see them replace some 737s on hub to hub, and long hub to non-hub, routes.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by Kevin Adams
This seems like very positive news. Hopefully they will stick around in the domestic fleet for a while. I'd love to see them replace some 737s on hub to hub, and long hub to non-hub, routes.
Unfortunately seeing them on routes except from EWR are rare for the summer. UA still relies heavily on the 757 for seasonal movements from IAD/EWR/ORD which takes away from the domestic network. They said they would bring more 757s back to domestic - so far that hasn't been a consistent promise at all.

IMHO - sUA used to fly 757s on IAD and ORD west coast and SFO transcons. They really need to figure out a way to bring that back - weight restricted 739s are no good.

However, I've been seeing them over the last few weeks on DEN-MCO which is a rare one for the TATL 757.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
I've seen them IAH to SFO, DEN, and EWR.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
HNL-DEN in January. I hope this doesn't change as we have it booked on a P fare.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Hilton Diamond
Flew one MCO-IAH a few weeks back. IIRC it continued to BOG.

Last edited by gregster; Apr 21, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
3 out of 4 segments on a 752 between EWR and IAH last couple months (4th was a 763). Flying EWR-DEN next month on a 752 as well.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
757-200 with lie flat seats from MCO-EWR?

This seems like a really bizarre choice of aircraft for this flight. Does anyone know why such a short flight from MCO-EWR would have a 757-200 with lie flat seats in first? The flight number is UA1965.

On the way down, BOS-EWR-MCO it's a combination of 737-900 and A320 which makes sense.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
This seems like a really bizarre choice of aircraft for this flight. Does anyone know why such a short flight from MCO-EWR would have a 757-200 with lie flat seats in first? ..
This has been occurring for at least a year -- the guess it has been done to fully utilize the fleet

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 18, 2016 at 1:51 pm Reason: typos
Old May 18, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This has been occur or at least a year -- the guess it has been done to fully utilize the fleet
Wow...I completely missed this thread. I was excited at first and then realized that my chances of an upgrade as a 1K on an S fare are slim to none
Old May 18, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
United does 757 maintenance in MCO as well. Afternoon/evening flights are often a turn between TATL flights at EWR, and early MCO-EWR flights are aircraft often coming back from a mx visit. 75B on EWR-MCO-EWR have been continuously in the schedule for as long as the configuration has existed.
Old May 18, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
I actually paid for a domestic non-ps flat bed redeye flight, SFO to EWR just before p.s. service switched to EWR. No pillow, a blanket you wouldn't lend a dog. I was scathing in my feedback, as my reaction was United is way too stupid to be entrusted with such equipment, and I already knew this. I was way too stupid in trusting that United had reformed.

The classy move would be to buy enough pillows for the cabin (they can't be expensive) and hand them out if you can get them aboard. One would probably be stopped at boarding, in which case one could begin cursing over United's incompetence, explaining that there may be paying passengers in first who expected better. Then stand aside and hand them out to each first passenger as they scan their boarding passes.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
This seems like a really bizarre choice of aircraft for this flight. Does anyone know why such a short flight from MCO-EWR would have a 757-200 with lie flat seats in first? The flight number is UA1965.

On the way down, BOS-EWR-MCO it's a combination of 737-900 and A320 which makes sense.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This has been occurring for at least a year -- the guess it has been done to fully utilize the fleet
Indeed they've been doing it for years. None scheduled beyond September 2016 for now, but they may upgauge some narrowbodies as the more distant schedule firms up.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:16 pm

EWR-DEN-OGG I went with the PMCO 752 route BF last month, the ultimate best alternative BF route other than EWR-HNL. They occasionally go DEN-HNL too.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:24 am

IAH-IAD for a mid afternoon flight back in early April, not sure if it is still there.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Wow...I completely missed this thread. I was excited at first and then realized that my chances of an upgrade as a 1K on an S fare are slim to none
Scored a CPU on EWR-MCO lie-flat as Silver. Easily one of the most upgradeable routes in the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.