Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Y-Up while waiting for ticket to reissue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver

Hello Fellow FTers,

I just made a change to a reservation with an agent which is now waiting for a manual reissue (because there is a lap infant on the record). One leg was booked into Y-class. While I was on the phone with the agent, I told her I could see 2 seats in JN available, but she insisted it was not and did not push the segment into first class. After I got off the phone, I called back and spoke to another agent who told me she does see the JN availability but that she can't make any changes while we are waiting for the ticket to reissue. The first agent said that if there were JN available, she'd be glad to do it. What's the real deal?

Obviously I'm concerned that it will take a few days for the ticket to get through the manual reissue queue (the flight is end of December, so they won't prioritize it), and by then the JN availability will be gone.

Suggestions?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
try online. I have been able to clear Y into JN while a ticket was waiting to be re-issued.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

How would I do it online?

Ultimately, when you have a lap-infant on a reservation, almost nothing can be done online Even the "upgrade reservation" link doesn't show up.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yonajon
How would I do it online?

Ultimately, when you have a lap-infant on a reservation, almost nothing can be done online Even the "upgrade reservation" link doesn't show up.
I have this exact same problem when I'm traveling with my GF because of the dog on her account.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Hang up and call again.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Spoke with another agent and the answer was the same - because the original ticket was not in Y (it was E), if he overrides it and puts it in JN, he claims that when they get to reissuing they'll see a problem and move on and the ticket will never get reissued. He told me that I just have to wait for the reissue to happen. Fingers crossed that it happens fast and the JN space remains available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.