Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United No Longer Partnering with Points.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Went to check to see what options I had for converting MP points to gift cards. Well, turns out, today was the day that United cancelled partnership.

Via Points.com:

United Mileage Plus has made the decision to no longer participate on Points.com for Redeem, Exchange, or Trade. If you have further inquiries regarding this decision, please contact United Airlines Mileage Plus directly.

Wonder what this means...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Thats okay. A bit annoying because sometimes I like to trade TO United. Rates are Godawful anyway.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA G
I suspect it means that Chase is tightening it's choke hold on UA. They really don't like customers getting UA miles at favorable rates from other partners.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom
Went to check to see what options I had for converting MP points to gift cards. Well, turns out, today was the day that United cancelled partnership.

Via Points.com:

United Mileage Plus has made the decision to no longer participate on Points.com for Redeem, Exchange, or Trade. If you have further inquiries regarding this decision, please contact United Airlines Mileage Plus directly.

Wonder what this means...
I wonder if they'll offer that option on united.com the same way delta's redemption for gift card works with Skymiles on their website
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:29 pm

United MileagePlus and points.com

It appears to go well beyond what you are seeing. As of several days ago, accumulated miles from a MileagePlus account no longer appeared on the points.com landing page, and adding a MileagePlus account was no longer an option.

With this developmentand, the fact that Southwest Airlines and points.com do not have a relationship which allows a flyer to track milesI find that their site is losing substantial value as a tracking tool. Who will next drop off the summary page?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
They really don't like customers getting UA miles at favorable rates from other partners.
I'm not sure I follow, as I'm not sure who ever got anything at 'favorable' rates on points.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.