Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
That could of course just be a mock-up that the design team provided and may look nothing like the final website that's put into production.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Zappity
That could of course just be a mock-up that the design team provided and may look nothing like the final website that's put into production.
Except that post #36 in this thread ("good eye") strongly implies otherwise.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It looks like a tablet optimized site?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by TomA
Not that I would probably notice. Expert mode doesn't work for me about 80% of the time.
Are you sure you're logged in before you search? The site remembering who you are doesn't mean that you're logged in. You need to do something like view an existing itinerary or your MP account details first so that it prompts for your password, and then expert mode will work.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by GregMM
Are you sure you're logged in before you search? The site remembering who you are doesn't mean that you're logged in. You need to do something like view an existing itinerary or your MP account details first so that it prompts for your password, and then expert mode will work.
^

You can appear logged in but only be halfway logged in.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
That's no excuse. .sux should be able to display expert mode even when only halfway logged in.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
That's no excuse. .sux should be able to display expert mode even when only halfway logged in.
Well, it can't. But there's a darn consistent way to make it work. And that's what people were pointing out.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Expert mode consistently working for me, after I've clicked on an existing itinerary and it makes me enter PIN/password.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by halls120
I don't have any problem finding what I need on delta.com or AA.com. Yes, both web sites changed, and it took awhile to find some things, but I have no trouble using either web site to accomplish what I want to do, and both are more pleasant to look at.
We'll agree to disagree I think Delta.com has taken the cake for the worst airline website out there today, and potentially of all time. I have a few friends who work at DL and even internal employees are embarrassed by the website. That doesn't mean the entire company is, but the few I know inside are. It's incomprehensible to me how un-user friendly the website is.

Hoping the new United.com doesn't take that turn for the worse...

-RM
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Never said it was, and I agree that if it knows who you are, then it should be able to display with your preferences, especially since it has enough access to display your first upcoming reservation and your point balances.

However, that's not how it works, so if people want to use it, they need to know that they need to be logged in.

FYI, I used the phrases "knows who you are" vs "logged in" as opposed to "halfway logged in" vs "logged in" as it seems most people get really confused by the latter phrases, and was hoping that this would be less confusing.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by GregMM
Never said it was, and I agree that if it knows who you are, then it should be able to display with your preferences, especially since it has enough access to display your first upcoming reservation and your point balances.

However, that's not how it works, so if people want to use it, they need to know that they need to be logged in.

FYI, I used the phrases "knows who you are" vs "logged in" as opposed to "halfway logged in" vs "logged in" as it seems most people get really confused by the latter phrases, and was hoping that this would be less confusing.
Instead of logging in, type DYKWIA? and maybe it'll work that way too!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zappity
I can confirm that is very close to the final look and feel. However, I've been told that there will be several releases so don't expect a big bang re-design of all content pages on the first day.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 26, 2013 at 1:49 pm Reason: unnecessary
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Perhaps the new website will be released on Friday?

Hopefully the new website will retain the features that many of us utilize on a frequent basis (expert mode, search specific fare classes, etc..)
Originally Posted by wpr8e
I can confirm that is very close to the final look and feel. However, I've been told that there will be several releases so don't expect a big bang re-design of all content pages on the first day.
And I suppose the first day isn't today (9/27)? The home page still looks the same...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by snic
And I suppose the first day isn't today (9/27)? The home page still looks the same...
From their original tweet... it sounded like something else (not website related).
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

Initially I really did not like the Continental based United site. It was quite a difference from what I was used to. Having time now using the current United site I can find most of what I need to. certainly a redesign would be nice. I would support ending the "Ask Alex" search engine because this is amateurish and not business like. As for the current site, I like it better today than a year or two ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.