Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So... who wants to see the new redesigned United.com homepage?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Maybe I'm the only one, but I LIKE the current site. It's easy enough to get done what I need to get done.
+1. "We fear change."
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Nice catch Sulley! It would be nice to have a new look for the website. The design is in bad need of updates. Seems all other airlines have updated their websites except for UA/CO.
I cant get AA & DL sites to work half the time. Newer is not always better.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Maybe I'm the only one, but I LIKE the current site. It's easy enough to get done what I need to get done.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
+1. "We fear change."
+1

i'd rather they invest in making the current site work correctly than invest in building a new site that is bound to have more than its fair share of bugs.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Originally Posted by kale73
meh! While it's content changes daily, mit's general website design is not significantly different from what it was in 2006. Simple. Elegant. Functional.

I go to an airline's website to book tickets and check itineraries, not to be inspired.
well said !!

No ... you are not alone. Loved the CO site and love the United site. It works for me.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 24, 2013 at 12:21 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
somehow i have my doubts...
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:55 am

The United site is probably the most functional airline website out there.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
somehow i have my doubts...
I think its a deep joke by UAL.... September 27 is right around when they issue their end of quarter "investor update" (I would normally expect September 26, but what is a day, if you can bury it on a Friday).

So are we to expect more "changes you will like" ?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
The United site is probably the most functional airline website out there.
I agree, especially the award portion of the website. It's so easy!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
The current site would be just fine if they implemented some type of memcached. Please please please start caching sessions in memory.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I love the current site too, especially the 30-day window into fares. Very few airlines or even travel aggregators offer it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...earch/2856791/
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bdraco
The current site would be just fine if they implemented some type of memcached. Please please please start caching sessions in memory.
I'd be happy if they'd allow me to search for specific flight numbers so I could get the flights I found on ITA without needing to hash around.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I agree, especially the award portion of the website. It's so easy!
I agree the award booking portion is probably better than the rest, but it's still quite buggy and lacks some basic functionality. For instance, doing a multi-city search almost never works for award bookings. And changing award bookings online probably works less than 10% of the time (and tends to show very limited flight options, even if many are available and bookable via an agent).

Originally Posted by fesiempre
really hoping it will be less buggy :/ and have more searching toots
I'd like a better search toots, ahem, tools, too. Like ability to exclude certain cities from searches - for instance, I often like to search for flights from "NYC", but I don't want to see flights from EWR. UA should take a hint from sites like Kayak, which offer powerful functionality for customizing searches by time of day, connecting city, and many other options.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:12 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Perhaps the new website will be released on Friday?

Hopefully the new website will retain the features that many of us utilize on a frequent basis (expert mode, search specific fare classes, etc..)
Hopefully they don't pull ANC service in the middle of my MR that day
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by coutura
That looks pretty decent. I'm actually fairly happy with all the features of the united.com site, it's just that it's in the 2006 skin. A website redesign would be very welcomed (and quite overdue).
+100000000000

I've always been a function over form type guy (loyal to ThinkPad and all) so I rarely complain about the site... especially when you can't even change the FF# on US's site if the PNR wasn't booked through their site (and of course Amex doesn't let me enter a UA# for a US ticketed flight).

As long as this keeps all the functions I'll be happy to have something more pleasant to look at, but if this is like one of those Google redesigns where they get rid of a bunch of features and slowly add them back as people complain I'd rather have the old one.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:08 pm

In the past twelve months I bought a ticket on DL, AA, and US. Ugh. Horrible websites. The UA site is one of the most functional websites that I come across in my regular web use. Please don't fix what's not broken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.