Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by artvandalay
Any difference/advantages between 1A and 2A with new seats/recline?
I've flown the "newly seated" CR7 the past three weekends and it might be me, but I've found the recline for 2A to be better than what it was before the new seats were installed-but I would take 2A over 1A regardless simply because of the legroom and being able to slide my feet under 1A [and to add, if in Y, go for 7C as the leg room is great tho it generally is blocked until t-24hrs so try and grab 7B (very good legroom) and then swap to 7C if it shows open]
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Just got off a CR7 in E+. Seats were rock hard. Very uncomfortable, but seats will probably be very durable for UA. E+ pitch was okay.

First class looked to have slightly reduced pitch from the previous configuration. Looks like Row 1 lost a little bit of legroom relative to the bulkhead wall. Row 7 (formerly Row 3) -- the first row in E+ -- still had excellent pitch.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Just got off a CR7 in E+. Seats were rock hard. Very uncomfortable, but seats will probably be very durable for UA. E+ pitch was okay.

First class looked to have slightly reduced pitch from the previous configuration. Looks like Row 1 lost a little bit of legroom relative to the bulkhead wall. Row 7 (formerly Row 3) -- the first row in E+ -- still had excellent pitch.
Yes Row 7 has the best leg room in the entire aircraft.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
So I decided to use 20k UA miles + $75 to upgrade to F on my IAD-AUS flight next week, and the upgrade already cleared. The A seats are all taken, so it's 1D, 2C, or 2D.

I'm thinking 2D so I can keep some items I may need to refer to under the seat while working. But if 1D reclines, am I out of luck in using my laptop? Are tray tables built into the seat in front, or part of the armrest?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jfidler
....But if 1D reclines, am I out of luck in using my laptop? ...
should be OK, no issue for my 15.6" laptop

... Are tray tables built into the seat in front....
yes
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So I decided to use 20k UA miles + $75 to upgrade to F on my IAD-AUS flight next week, and the upgrade already cleared. The A seats are all taken, so it's 1D, 2C, or 2D.
Just remember to get food ahead of time (ideally at the SEN lounge), as you're not really getting "food" on the plane
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:14 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

I'm thinking 2D so I can keep some items I may need to refer to under the seat while working. But if 1D reclines, am I out of luck in using my laptop? Are tray tables built into the seat in front, or part of the armrest?
I just got off one about 45 minutes ago and was sitting in 2A but took a good look at 2C&D for you. 2D has more under seat storage space as the metal rail dividing the space between 2C&D is much closer to C and with the tray table in the armrest, you definitely will not be impacted by 1D reclining so from what you're looking for, I would say go for 2D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.