Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saturday SFO>FRA Weird Upgrade Message Advice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Silver

Hello Fellow Travelers,

I am flying SFO>FRA on Saturday. I had to change my flight last week. I had the confirmed upgrade using a system wide with a U fare. When I changed flights, there was only coach available so now I am waitlisted.

I am really nervous that everything is correct. The last time I was waitlisted this close on an over the pond flight, they skipped over me. I saw the R's open up on expert flyer so I called. They had to fix the upgrade so it would see me and clear.

I called the agent today and they said that everything is ok and it is in there correctly. There are no R's available.

When I looked at the website to see if I could buy up, I noticed something weird. It has a warning under my pending upgrade that says: Your regional premier upgrade is restricted by market and may not be used on this part of your trip.

I called again and a different agent said it is showing in their system as a systemwide and not a regional. He said everything should be ok and work as normal.

Is this just a warning that if I were choosing an upgrade I can't use the regionals in my bank?

Any advice? Should I be worried. The flight is pretty full and there are only about 10 business seats left. They are still selling. My better half is flying on miles and is already in business.

Thanks much
MalNSF
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
This is normal from what I've seen. It's just a poorly worded warning message that really should be displayed to you only if you tried to select an RPU.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by jgreen1024
This is normal from what I've seen. It's just a poorly worded warning message that really should be displayed to you only if you tried to select an RPU.
Same experience here and the wording is truly awkward. That message always appears when I have booked an intl segment requiring a GPU for upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by uanj
That message always appears when I have booked an intl segment requiring a GPU for upgrade.
+1

on any of my current Iten's it shows that message on itens that I am GPU waitlisted on and on itens with no upgrade request put into the system
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Silver
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the confirmation.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MalNSF
Is this just a warning that if I were choosing an upgrade I can't use the regionals in my bank?
That's correct.

Originally Posted by MalNSF
Should I be worried. The flight is pretty full and there are only about 10 business seats left. They are still selling. My better half is flying on miles and is already in business.
Oof. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.