Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

13 Aug 2013 - UA Opens New SAN United Club and Consolidates Operations to Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

13 Aug 2013 - UA Opens New SAN United Club and Consolidates Operations to Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, LH Senator, A3 Gold
Flew out this morning, and the Precheck lanes were operating at 5:15am, which is fantastic for early morning flights. Didn't make it to the club though.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Sitting in the SAN club right now.

The lounge is bright and open, and there is both an enclosed area for those who want more quiet - this area has tables with chairs, a very nice bar area, and the standard UA gerbil food.

The "veranda" is inside the terminal and open to the food court below, and facing a huge wall of glass overlooking the ramp area. From where I'm sitting I can tell that my plane for my flight from here to ORD that's departing in an 55 minutes has not yet arrived .

The veranda area has a nice counter area facing the glass wall, and the integrated power outlets have both a standard 120V outlet and USB connection, allowing me to charge my laptop on the 120 and my phone on the USB - sweet. This area also has a number of lounge chairs. The only downside is that you get a fair amount of terminal noise including the endless "The TSA would like to remind you..." messages droning away.

The entire lounge is light, bright and welcoming.

Precheck is absolutely up and running and a breeze - they even let me keep on my jacket, which is a first for me (have the rules changed again?)

T2 is one stop further from the rental car return if your shuttle stops at T1 first, so plan on a bit more time, but once they stop at the curb the walk to security wasn't bad.

The wireless in the lounge is fast ^ and not yet secured.

I'm a happy camper at the moment.

Update: there's someone walking around offering to refresh people's beverages. I haven't seen this other places, certainly not at ORD.

Last edited by milepig; Nov 21, 2013 at 11:38 am
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
You are allowed to keep "light" jackets on with PreCheck.

That is an undefined term, however. YMMV.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:00 am

This lounge temporarily closes at 7pm certain days this month due to renovations
according to .bomb. I'll be there in a couple of hours before my flight to DEN and BWI.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:34 am

Is it possible to go from the AA gates in T2 to the new UA gates in T2 without having to exit and re-clear security? The airport's map seems to suggest yes, but I wanted to hear from anyone with first-hand experience.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Yes, long walk but yes.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: ua 1k
no complaints regarding the single bathroom stall yet?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mr27
This lounge temporarily closes at 7pm certain days this month due to renovations
according to .bomb. I'll be there in a couple of hours before my flight to DEN and BWI.
Renovations? It's a brand new lounge.

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Is it possible to go from the AA gates in T2 to the new UA gates in T2 without having to exit and re-clear security? The airport's map seems to suggest yes, but I wanted to hear from anyone with first-hand experience.
Yes.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ssnh
no complaints regarding the single bathroom stall yet?
Can it be any worse than JFK? They have 2 stalls, but no room to turn around...really.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:13 am

Is the San Diego United Club worth going to?

Is it shabby like the others?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 21, 2014 at 9:34 am Reason: Moved into existing thread
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Is it shabby like the others?
It's pretty brand new (like SEA, ORD T2, and LHR).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:43 am
Suspended

I love the SAN club. One of the best with a nice view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.