Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning UA miles on TK codeshare on LH metal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

Hello, I'd like to fly SFO-IST. The Turkish website offers SFO-MUC-IST-MUC-SFO with SFO-MUC and MUC-SFO codeshare operated by LH.

The codeshare segments are in "W" class. Apparently UA gives NO credit for TK "W" class, but it does for LH "W" class.

In the case of the codeshare, does the TK or the LH mileage earning policy apply here?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Ryu2
Hello, I'd like to fly SFO-IST. The Turkish website offers SFO-MUC-IST-MUC-SFO with SFO-MUC and MUC-SFO codeshare operated by LH.

The codeshare segments are in "W" class. Apparently UA gives NO credit for TK "W" class, but it does for LH "W" class.

In the case of the codeshare, does the TK or the LH mileage earning policy apply here?
The earning policy within Star Alliance goes by operating carrier, so in this case it would be LH. It's not said that the W class also maps into W class at LH. You might check with LH in what class your ticket is booked to be sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.