Search

Luggage offloaded if same plane?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hello,

I flew EWR-SEA-ANC and then ANC-ORD-BOS...each route on the same plane, but with a different flight number. Does the luggage get taken off and put back on the plane again or are they actually intelligent enough to avoid having to do that?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by pduck01
Hello,

I flew EWR-SEA-ANC and then ANC-ORD-BOS...each route on the same plane, but with a different flight number. Does the luggage get taken off and put back on the plane again or are they actually intelligent enough to avoid having to do that?
Yes all luggage is offloaded, scanned then sent to it's appropriate area. Be it baggage claim, or a connecting flight.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by pduck01
Hello,

Ramp agents know where every bag is going. Every bag gets taken off the plane but the bags staying at that gate get pulled to the side for re-loading. The reason for unloading-reloading is because every bag is scanned and re-scanned.

But who knows, they're probably not smart enough.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I should have asked if it is pulled after scan at plane or sent to a larger facility.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 21, 2013 at 4:24 pm Reason: adds nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.