Search

Question for SFO-CLT flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Question for SFO-CLT flight

Hello,

I am interested in the direct flight SFO-CLT on Sunday evening. This is corporate travel, and it proposes me 2 options for the same flight: US Airways (operates the flight) and United, the latter being for some reasons $200 more expensive.

If I purchase the US Airways fare, can I still use my United FF#? If yes, will I still get all benefits, i.e
- upgrades?
- extra miles base on status (Plat)?
- extra miles base on fare even though that would be a US Airways fare - so not sure about that one?
- priority at check-in and boarding?
- etc
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by sorka
Hello,

I am interested in the direct flight SFO-CLT on Sunday evening. This is corporate travel, and it proposes me 2 options for the same flight: US Airways (operates the flight) and United, the latter being for some reasons $200 more expensive.

If I purchase the US Airways fare, can I still use my United FF#? If yes, will I still get all benefits, i.e
- upgrades?
- extra miles base on status (Plat)?
- extra miles base on fare even though that would be a US Airways fare - so not sure about that one?
- priority at check-in and boarding?
- etc
Your benefits are based on the operating carrier.. the code share doesn't matter. Since the flight is on US you'll only get Star Alliance Gold benefits plus your elite bonus miles.. but no upgrades. Better to book the direct US fare on this one.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Your benefits are based on the operating carrier.. the code share doesn't matter. Since the flight is on US you'll only get Star Alliance Gold benefits plus your elite bonus miles.. but no upgrades. Better to book the direct US fare on this one.
Just to make sure I get it: whether I book the US fare or the United fare, by using my United FF#, I will get the same benefits? United has a B fare, which I believe would get me more miles. If I book the US Airways fare, and assuming that it is a fare 'equivalent' to United B fare, will I get the extra miles?

Example: B fare on United = 150 PQM (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ce_united.html)
But United B Fare as per US Airways website = 100 PQM (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ce_united.html)

What will I get if I book United B fare on that US Airways flight?

Thanks

Last edited by sorka; Jun 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by sorka
Just to make sure I get it: whether I book the US fare or the United fare, by using my United FF#, I will get the same benefits? United has a B fare, which I believe would get me more miles. If I book the US Airways fare, and assuming that it is a fare 'equivalent' to United B fare, will I get the extra miles?

Example: B fare on United = 150 PQM (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ce_united.html)
But United B Fare as per US Airways website = 100 PQM (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ce_united.html)

What will I get if I book United B fare on that US Airways flight?

Thanks
You'll earn miles based on US's policy for awarding miles for the booking code. If US awards at 100%..that's what you'll get. If the pricing is similar and you have the time I'd suggesting booking a B fare on United metal..then you'll earn the 150%...but you'd have to stop somewhere. But as a UA elite you'd get an instant upgrade if available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.