Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Because UA likes us better
I know you are being sarcastic, but I think this is somewhat true. It sounds like United attempts to punish Chicago in the same way it punishes Houston with the worst planes in the fleet.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Must be just lucky I guess. Are you sitting up front?

For myself I can't wait to try this newly reconfigured plane or one of the (future) similarly reconfigured aircraft. My iPad usually has power to spare even if I use it all the way from EWR-HNL and I have an external battery that will recharge it at least once, so I'm not too worried about the lack of in-seat power.

I still think the streaming entertainment is a strange idea though, but I am interested in trying it out.
Yes... CPU has cleared for all of my USA to/from HNL segments. Of course CPU isn't possible from HNL-GUM.

As I mentioned before the seats are pretty good. Unfortunately I have android devices, so that leaves me just with my laptop. It has a good battery, but not good enough for both LAX-HNL and HNL-GUM without a power outlet!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: dl,aa
Need help picking flight

I have a question maybe some of you can help me with. I am taking a group of seniors to hnl on 6/2. Currently UA shows a 3 class 777 on the ORD-HNL flight. Prior to 6/1 the flights are on what appears to be a 2 class version 4. My question is do you think it is likely that the aircraft will stay this 3 class or is it likely to be changed prior to the flight. I would hate to be moved to the new version 6 plane with no IFE. This group is not really tech savy and most do not have a tablet or laptop. I have the option of flying a 767 out of IAD. Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by opsman
I have a question maybe some of you can help me with. I am taking a group of seniors to hnl on 6/2. Currently UA shows a 3 class 777 on the ORD-HNL flight. Prior to 6/1 the flights are on what appears to be a 2 class version 4. My question is do you think it is likely that the aircraft will stay this 3 class or is it likely to be changed prior to the flight. I would hate to be moved to the new version 6 plane with no IFE. This group is not really tech savy and most do not have a tablet or laptop. I have the option of flying a 767 out of IAD. Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
There is a very good chance the ORD flight will change to something else. The 764 is a nice new aircraft with personal AVOD and power at every seat.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opsman
This far out - 7 months out, it is likely there will be equipment changes on this your flight. I'm actually surprised that there will be an old 3 class version 3 flying around 7 months from now. Someone posted the conversion schedule either upthread or in another thread. It's worth checking for that - if you find it post a link here.

Regarding IAD, that's another crapshoot. I think the latest is that it's gone to seasonal service but I also read in another thread here that it's gone in and out of the schedule a couple of times. What about the EWR-HNL flight?

Note: Most seniors I know actually do pretty well in occupying their time even without electronic goodies or IFE - reading, talking, napping are all good time-honored ways of enjoying one's retirement years. No gardening on the plane, though!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: dl,aa
Thanks for the replies, I guess I better go with the sure thing, or as close to it as I can get.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:28 pm

In the new Hawaii 772 config ...

Is the F bulkhead (row 1) center aisle ok?

I only have a choice of center aisle seats in row 1 or 3 at this point, so it's bulkhead row 1 vs row 3, both center aisles.

Thanks in advance,
David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 9, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
In the new Hawaii 772 config ...

Is the F bulkhead (row 1) center aisle ok?

I only have a choice of center aisle seats in row 1 or 3 at this point, so it's bulkhead row 1 vs row 3, both center aisles.

Thanks in advance,
David
Row 1 has more leg room in the middle then all others.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:32 pm

thanks! I'll keep the row 1 center aisle seat.

-David
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
There is a very good chance the ORD flight will change to something else. The 764 is a nice new aircraft with personal AVOD and power at every seat.
Any insight knowledge on this??
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I don't understand your question. The 772s are flip-flopping like crazy on the HNL routes. I wouldn't count on getting a specific type more than about one week out. Seven months out it's completely unpredictable what they'll actually have on any particular flight.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:48 pm

I think what Kacee was answering was a question regarding the 777 ORD - HNL where the person she was answering stated that connecting thru IAD was also an option which has a 764 on it so perhaps she was telling that person the features of the 764...At least that's the way i'm understanding it. And no there are no plans at the moment to put the 764 on ORD - HNL. Flight will continue to be a 777.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I think what Kacee was answering was a question regarding the 777 ORD - HNL where the person she was answering stated that connecting thru IAD was also an option which has a 764 on it so perhaps she was telling that person the features of the 764...At least that's the way i'm understanding it. And no there are no plans at the moment to put the 764 on ORD - HNL. Flight will continue to be a 777.
Thx Jose. Yes I misread, I thought he meant 764 might fly the route. Sry!!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:06 pm

Thx Jose. Yes I misread, I thought he meant 764 might fly the route. Sry!!
It's all good no worries ^
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:12 am

When should I know what aircraft I'm really flying in?
It has been changed so much! I originally booked it on a 767,
But now I look and it's now a 777. It changing constantly.
I'm flying IAH-HNL.

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.