Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Regarding Premium Status and Million Miller Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regarding Premium Status and Million Miller Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Originally Posted by watermen
Just wondering, if you are a Million Miler, how much money you had spent throughout all these years?
Real question is whose money was it that was spent? About 70% of the $$$ spent for my first MM was through business travel.......
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jbsay
There are two types of miles: RDMs (redeemable miles) and EQMs (elite qualifying miles). RDMs determine award tickets, while EQMs determine status level. You can earn RDMs from myriad sources, including credit card spending. EQMs, on the other hand, can generally be earned only by flying United (and certain partner) flights. You can also buy EQMs for about $0.09 to $0.13 per mile, so if you really want Premier Silver, you can buy it today for about $2,500.

As for the United MileagePlus Explorer card, you can earn, at most, 5,000 EQMs per calendar year through spending on the card. That requires you to convert 50,000 RDMs to 5,000 EQMs. In other words, to earn Premier Silver, you'd still have to actually fly 20,000 miles on United, then spend enough on the credit card to generate 50,000 RDMs, then convert them to 5,000 EQMs to qualify -- and that's all in a single calendar year.
Where's the link to buy EQM? I'm couple miles short before making a long trip in July, wouldn't mind paying a little to get the extra 25% mile.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by jasonsun
Where's the link to buy EQM? I'm couple miles short before making a long trip in July, wouldn't mind paying a little to get the extra 25% mile.
View your existing reservation on United.com, select the Get Extra Miles button below the flight information, check either the Double Miles or Triple Miles option, and then check the Premier Accelerator option. The price per mile and the amount of miles varies based on many things such as the length of the trip and your current premier status.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Also, it is just a matter of time before UA implements a revenue based status - so, the days of getting to status with cheap mileage runs will be over soon.

Shhhhh. Look outside, there are a group of FTrs with torches and pitch forks....

This evolution is inevitable.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by watermen
What are the best way to achieve a million miles aside from sitting in a plane for a million miles?
As others have said, as of 2012 you have to sit in a plane to achieve one million miles. However, once you get to silver or higher, UA has a 500 mile minum that counts toward butt in seat miles. So you can flight between ORD/MKE or COS/DEN, fly under a hundred miles, but get credited for 500 miles.

So do 1000 round trips between DEN and COS ... under 150K BIS, and you will be a MMer.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by mre5765
So do 1000 round trips between DEN and COS ... under 150K BIS, and you will be a MMer.
ORD-MKE at 66 miles is shorter.

I wonder what is the shortest flight UA operates now. Wiki states it is KOA-OGG at 84 miles, but I don't think UA operates this route now (when did UA ever operate this route)
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Boy, things have sure gotten tough on the new UA. I made MM in 2011 at PMCO with a combination of EQMs over the years going back to long forgotten flights on Eastern Airlines and CO partners like Delta and Air France, plus bonus miles, plus some purchased EQMs with accelerator,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.