Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United changed our Itinerary and the time is not acceptable...now what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United changed our Itinerary and the time is not acceptable...now what?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mitchmu
I am not agreeing with you.

I am saying that seat maps are an indicator of available seats.

But, they are an imperfect indicator.

Back to the example I cited - GS put me on a flight that was more expensive, that had no R space, and for which there were no seats showing as open on the seat map.

And, that was awesome.
Why was it awesome? There was an available seat and they put you in it.

Your "imperfect indicator" was not only imperfect, it was flat out incorrect.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mitchmu
I am not agreeing with you.

I am saying that seat maps are an indicator of available seats.

But, they are an imperfect indicator.

Back to the example I cited - in response to a schedule change - GS put me on a flight that was more expensive, that had no R space, and for which there were no seats showing as open on the seat map.

And, that was awesome.
More expensive? United incurs lower costs flying you nonstop vs connecting you over SEA. Do you mean more expensive from your perspective? I don't see how that's relevant.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by LoganHero

The purpose of this post is to explain behavior I experienced in response to the same situation that OP is asking about so OP has an answer to his/her question.

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
More expensive? United incurs lower costs flying you nonstop vs connecting you over SEA. Do you mean more expensive from your perspective? I don't see how that's relevant.
Yes, more expensive from my perspective.

Relevant because I had chosen a crappy route to get R space, and they put me into a better route for which there was not R space, and I had the leverage to do it as a result of a schedule change, which is the topic of this thread, right?
Old May 22, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Definitely talk to UA.
I had it where a flight was canceled, an the default flight they put me on basically lost me an entire day with my client. This would not work for me at all.
I just explained to them that I needed the next available flight. No fighting, they (and I) found an American flight leaving in an hour and a half, and they got me on that flight without issue.
The automatic system I believe only puts you on UA flights, and the next UA flight might not work out, so call them.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
As I GS- I love schedule changes. In my experience, a schedule change is almost a freebie pass to do whatever I want routing wise. Last month I was scheduled to fly ORD-MUC-BCN on UA connecting to LH. Originally ORD-MUC was a 764 (CO 2 cabin for those who don't know) but was switched to a PMUA 763 (3 cabin). I tend to not like the 763s, the ventilation is horrible and I always feel disgusting after going TATL on them.
That's strange since the sUA 763 have personal air vents, while many sCO planes do not.
Old May 22, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by njcommodore
was that pre or po$t bankruptcy?
For what it is worth, as a 1K (and GS for several years) UA has done similar things for me both pre and post bankruptcy...on a regular basis. A few years ago just prior to the merger, I had a UA station manager tell me that as long as it was not against Federal law, they would do it for me. It was their goal to keep their loyal flyers loyal! Now, not so much

Originally Posted by mduell
That's strange since the sUA 763 have personal air vents, while many sCO planes do not.
Exactly what I was thinking!! Oh well, to each his/her own!

To the OP...as others have said, call UA sooner than later...they will most likely work with you to find a agreeable solution...if one exists!
Old May 22, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LoganHero

Do you just enjoy arguing?

-------

OP--have you solved the problem?
Old May 22, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

-------

Helpful post, thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

-------

Finally got around to having my wife call the GS desk. They did exactly what most everyone predicted...basically said your SOL and they won't do anything but put us on an alternate UA flight that day or the next (neither of which work for us), or refund our money...so that's the route we're going to go, and just book the AA flight.

I know this is standard stuff and all...but this whole thing is leaving me a bit miffed at UA...fair or unfair, I'm not real happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.