Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Suspicious Flight Cancelation due to weather

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suspicious Flight Cancelation due to weather

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnmont
Thanks for these...do you get that from Matrix ITA?

So are you saying the spread between UA and AA due to the weather was even worse? In other words, UA generally operates more mainline metal than AA at ORD and due to the storm they operated far less....
No, ITA only does fares not status.

Most days they operate about the same number. Yesterday UA operated a lot less. Today AA started slow but has been departing more since my post - up to 43 for AA and 48 for UA.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by spin88
Check it out, great "PR" going on for UAL... https://www.facebook.com/United
FWIW, if you check DL and AA's FB pages today, there are plenty of "PR" there as well. In an event like this there are always people that complain, whether justified or not.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
Not to suggest reining in the discussion, but this has been discussed here before.

This article contains what, to me, are two salient points:

Chicago Tribune: THE TRAVEL TROUBLESHOOTER: Are airlines bending the truth about weather delays?
The Federal Aviation Administration reviews air traffic control delays to ensure that they're being filed correctly, but the DOT does not routinely audit carrier cause-of-delay reports.
... United's contract of carriage [contains] another disclaimer ...: a clause saying that United wasn't liable for any misstatements regarding the weather. In other words, ... the airline "can — and does — tell untruths to passengers and then disclaims liability."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.