Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 744 Business or EVA Air new 77W Business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary

Who yah got?

FTR yes I did a search, and I didn't find anything.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Eva full flat hard product with undoubtedly better service?
Old May 5, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by colpuck
Who yah got?

You've probably done UA biz in some form a few dozen times at least I'm guessing - variety is the spice of life
Old May 5, 2013, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mduell
Yup, I heard marginal things about catering though.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
The new business on Eva is basically the same seat as CX. Definitely roomier than UA.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Who yah got?

EVA runs 777-300ERs with two configurations: the older version with lay-flat at an angle seats and the new ones (77N) with horizontal lay-flat seats like CX and US.

If you are certain you can get the 77N, it will be a more comfortable seat than UA. Service should be a bit better than UA, but the remainder of the soft product is not appreciably so.

Also have to take into account status earning miles and redeemable miles.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yup, I heard marginal things about catering though.
Agreed w/UA catering
Old May 5, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by mduell
Originally Posted by Muckus
The new business on Eva is basically the same seat as CX. Definitely roomier than UA.
While the CX seats are very roomy and private, with decent storage (all the things that UA C seats are not), they are extremely firm, just like many of the mattresses in Asia. I assume that Eva seats are probably similar.

I find the seat cushions on UA business to be very comfortable. However, after Eva joins *A, I wouldn't hesitate to take them to get to destinations is Asia as long as I am on a aircraft with full flat seats. From LA, there would probably be better schedules and fewer connections.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a whole thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...rel-seats.html

The reviews seem mixed.

http://royallaurel.evaair.com/en/ is the website.

TPE-JFK and TPE-LAX are 100% RL. SFO started March. YYZ, AMS, CDG and LHR to follow.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
There is a whole thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...rel-seats.html

The reviews seem mixed.

http://royallaurel.evaair.com/en/ is the website.

TPE-JFK and TPE-LAX are 100% RL. SFO started March. YYZ, AMS, CDG and LHR to follow.
Thanks, now I am conflicted. Since it's a red-eye flight from LAX, I am not sure I want a hard seat.
Old May 5, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Just because BR is from East Asia doesn't mean that it's on the same level as NH, OZ, and CX. BR's soft product is fine, but I've never been wowed by their catering, and IFE kinda sucks unless Chinese-centric programming is your thing. But if you've never flown it, why not give it a try?
Old May 5, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Just because BR is from East Asia doesn't mean that it's on the same level as NH, OZ, and CX. BR's soft product is fine, but I've never been wowed by their catering, and IFE kinda sucks unless Chinese-centric programming is your thing. But if you've never flown it, why not give it a try?
What did you mean by "soft product," I always thought that referred in large part to catering.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What did you mean by "soft product," I always thought that referred in large part to catering.
I think a decent part is how the FAs care about and take care of the passengers. An airline does not have to be rich and fancy to have really good and caring crew. Simple things such as making sure this does not happen when you ring the bell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9T_vuLHO8A
Old May 5, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Who yah got?

aeroFormosa's photo albums:
EVA air JFK-TPE.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1140949...yalLaurelClass

TPE-JFK
https://picasaweb.google.com/1140949...ninsulaNewYork

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
The hard product is the same as CX's new C, and the lounge provids the same
level of food and amenities as other Asian carriers unless the
American-centric snack is OP's thing. It's a much better product than UA 744 C,
I would suggest OP to try it.

Last edited by pigx5; May 6, 2013 at 12:07 am Reason: merge
Old May 5, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
By soft product, I mean everything that's not related to the actual airline seat -- from booking/changing reservations to FA service. Some of the things I didn't like about BR included the their rigid fare rules and strict carry-on policy (7kg?). I was once stopped at the jetway by a GA who hand-weighed my rollaboard and insisted that I check it. IMO, BR's FAs are fine, but I'm one of the few who has never had problems with UA's FAs, or that I chose to simply ignore them when things didn't go my way. On the other hand, I really appreciated the attentiveness that I received on NH and OZ.

Originally Posted by pigx5
... and the lounge provided the same
level of food and amenities as other Asian carriers unless the
American-centric snack is OP's thing...
It's been more than a year since I last visited BR's Premium Laurel Lounge in TPE, so things may have changed, but I have to disagree. The lounge was very crowded, and the shower was kinda shabby. No doubt, there was a lot of food, but the atmosphere felt more like a food court. I'm comparing this with CA (PEK, CTU), OZ (ICN), and NH (NRT, HND), not to mention CX, TG, and SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.