Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

(Re-)Introducing Subscriptions for United Club, Economy Plus and More

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Re-)Introducing Subscriptions for United Club, Economy Plus and More

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by iahkid2014
Here is the pricing on E+ for Silver
Interesting price points. For the average Silver, traveling say 20 one-ways a year, that works out to $25/segment. It's a bummer that the companion isn't included for free.
Old May 3, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
How do you get access to the preview page? I have no invite...
Old May 3, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
ala carte at its finest.....now when does gold lose E+?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
ala carte at its finest.....now when does gold lose E+?
Silver has not lost E+, why would Gold?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
See my comment above:

Originally Posted by UA Insider
. . . with the notable difference that we’ll have different pricing and eligibility by region (domestic 48, North America, intra-Asia, etc.).
Does this seem ominous to anyone else?

See: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Discount
Old May 3, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They lost it at booking, which for many Silvers, is basically the same thing...not so enticing to do 25K annually when you can only get a *chance* at a better seat at check-in.

Won't be surprised at some point if Gold takes a hit in this area as well. TBD.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They lost it at booking, which for many Silvers, is basically the same thing...not so enticing to do 25K annually when you can only get a *chance* at a better seat at check-in.

Won't be surprised at some point if Gold takes a hit in this area as well. TBD.
Have you read the thread about Premier Silver's experience getting E+ at check in?

You seriously think that at some point they will take E+ away from 50,000 miles fliers? Or are you just using this thread as another opportunity to bash UA?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:15 pm

They lost it at booking, which for many Silvers, is basically the same thing
While I agree that it is clearly a step down, I just wanted to point out that if a silver watches the seats carefully (which I know is annoying, no doubt), s/he can usually get a good seat due to upgrades, sdc's, etc. that free up the seats. During my (brief) time as a Silver, I never had trouble, including with crowded transcons.

You seriously think that at some point they will take E+ away from 50,000 miles fliers? Or are you just using this thread as another opportunity to bash UA?
DL doesn't give it to it's Golds for int'l flights -- can't imagine that change being made?

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm Reason: merge
Old May 3, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Have you read the thread about Premier Silver's experience getting E+ at check in?

check in these days with almost 100 percent load factor, E+ is gone for them, or its a middle, or keep your aisle in the back.

I do think this is the start of gold losing it until check in also. nothing with this airline suprised me anymore, heck look at Delta, you have to fly 75k to have access for free for INTL.....UA will follow.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Does this seem ominous to anyone else?

See: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Discount
Is this something new from DL?

Or have they always priced EC like this?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

While I agree that it is clearly a step down, I just wanted to point out that if a silver watches the seats carefully (which I know is annoying, no doubt), s/he can usually get a good seat due to upgrades, sdc's, etc. that free up the seats. During my (brief) time as a Silver, I never had trouble, including with crowded transcons.
Sure, those Silvers that didn't become Kayakers may be able to get decent E+ seats (though with loads at all time highs, a YMMV situation) - but the bigger picture is that it was a differentiating factor for UA to entice 25K flyers. No longer.

DL doesn't give it to it's Golds for int'l flights -- can't imagine that change being made?
Bingo - similar to change fees, if the airline is shrinking and is unable to grow topline revenue, this is a way to try and claw back some $ at the margins.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I am positive it is a website glitch, which is why it is on the preview site, not the live site.

I am positive that the rates will be the same as what is presented here
I'm positive that I don't trust UA's IT team to properly implement it, though.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:28 pm

Is this something new from DL?

Or have they always priced EC like this?
Not a clue.

They do give free booze to EC on ps-type routes, though, which I find intriguing. I think that's new.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:29 pm

Sure, those Silvers that didn't become Kayakers may be able to get decent E+ seats (though with loads at all time highs, a YMMV situation) - but the bigger picture is that it was a differentiating factor for UA to entice 25K flyers. No longer.
Correction: The ability to select E+ at check in as a Silver for all flights globally IS a differentiating factor for UA.

Whether it continues to be so remains to be seen.

Not a clue.

They do give free booze to EC on ps-type routes, though, which I find intriguing. I think that's new.
Some of AA's new packaged fares include drinks as well (and waived change fees, etc.). But I am not certain if they include E+.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correction: The ability to select E+ at check in as a Silver for all flights globally IS a differentiating factor for UA.
Not when AA Golds can do the same at booking (for now)

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/mainCabi...maincabinextra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.