Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Add New Embraer E-175 (76-Seat) Aircraft to United Express Fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Add New Embraer E-175 (76-Seat) Aircraft to United Express Fleet

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
EWR to DEN via another city? I don't think the 175 has the range for EWR-DEN and don't see it on the schedules for today.
The 'standard' model has a published range of 1800mi. EWR-DEN is 1605mi. They do make extended range models - I do not believe that UA bought that option.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Really like the F cabin (just need ovens) in this aircraft and economy is good except for one drawback. The seatbacks in Y are hard with no headrest. This can make a flight over 1.5 hours uncomfortable. Just wondering if others have come to the same conclusion in Y.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Halo117
Really like the F cabin (just need ovens) in this aircraft and economy is good except for one drawback. The seatbacks in Y are hard with no headrest. This can make a flight over 1.5 hours uncomfortable. Just wondering if others have come to the same conclusion in Y.
I bring my own pillow to overcome the design limitation on UA's slimline seats in Y, and this helps solve the comfort problem that you've highlighted on the E175 Y seating.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Halo117
I had a four hour BOI -> ORD leg and I can agree with the same. The slimline seats are the least comfortable in the fleet (other than gray Airbus seats). I forgot my seat cushion/lumbar support and didn't have a pillow and I was suffering.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:07 pm

I read they are replacing Q's out of EWR, but noticed there are still flights this coming holiday season on Q's out of there.

Is there any kind of recent info as to when those are expected to be gone?
Old May 9, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MiltonFreedMan
I read they are replacing Q's out of EWR, but noticed there are still flights this coming holiday season on Q's out of there.

I'd suggest posting this query in the Fleet Updates thread. That's where the experts are most likely to see it.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
I'd suggest posting this query in the Fleet Updates thread. That's where the experts are most likely to see it.
Good idea, thanks^
Old May 9, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MiltonFreedMan

The Q400s are all gone, but the smaller Commutair Q200/300s will continue operating out of the IAD/EWR hubs on short hauls. DEN is now all-jet (again).
Old May 9, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just booked a flight for late January and was surprised to see 175's starting to replace the CR7s that are often seen out of SNA (usually to SFO). If this trend continues, it's finally something I'll like! Those CR7s are getting a little long in the tooth (and the lack of Wifi is annoying).
Just flew r/t SFO-SNA on the 175. So much better than the CR7's, bigger first class, more comfy seat, and my Tumi carry on fits in the overhead bin. The jet bridge actually connects to the plane so no more walking on the tarmac! I fly this route often so will look for them!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:37 am

Well, after reading this I look forward to our first flying the Embraer 175. I took the cheap upgrades to F for two of the legs (first leg each direction) when I purchased tickets. So we'll be trying both cabins.

KLM Cityhopper flies the Embraer 195 in Europe. We'll be trying that too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.