Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

April 2013 - Updated Messages, Layout, etc. on UAL.COM [PASS ID Field is Back!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April 2013 - Updated Messages, Layout, etc. on UAL.COM [PASS ID Field is Back!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
ugh it's the giant travelbank layout i saw on the preview site earlier. i knew it was coming. seriously, why is the travelbank ginormous?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
ugh it's the giant travelbank layout i saw on the preview site earlier. i knew it was coming. seriously, why is the travelbank ginormous?
Cause the only way they know how to grow the airline at this point is ancillary revenues?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Cause the only way they know how to grow the airline at this point is ancillary revenues?
haha touche.

i actually don't mind the minor changes they've made overall, i do appreciate that everything's a little wider and isn't designed for 800*600 screen resolutions anymore.

but design-wise, that travelbank thing is still just bad. you can tell they are just overemphasizing it, that huge blank gap in the middle is so glaring.

sigh. oh well.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That would be a true "enhancement"

The current flow is basically saying, importance-wise, the TravelBank is a higher priority than your upcoming flights, which is stupid
Oh well.. glad I have ........
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
This site looks even worse. Didn't think that was possible. TravelBank is huge, they only show 3 rather than 5 reservations in the My Account page, and reservations for other people are now appearing in My Account.

Do they test *any* of this stuff? One wonders if they have anyone that does UX.

At least they fixed the Chase PQM line items..
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
What's with it only showing 3 reservations? I get it on the homepage, but since you already have to scroll down on the "My Account" page why not show all future reservations. Adding an extra show all reservations is stupid!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I like it. TravelBank aside.

Folks - with respect to reservations, we all click "see all" as many (like me) always have more than 3 - I have 12. If they changed it to five, people would complain (even if that goes back to what it was).

If they remove the massive TB box, then it would be fine.

I do like the new boarding pass look as well.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:40 am

Is this the 'all new website' that was promised sometime ago? (Or at least I thought there was going to be a new website, but can't find anything about it anymore.)
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by WhyPayRent
Is this the 'all new website' that was promised sometime ago? (Or at least I thought there was going to be a new website, but can't find anything about it anymore.)
i really hope it isn't it.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by WhyPayRent
No. I don't think that will be coming out till Q4 or later.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
From the looks of it, UA.com is slowly being ported over to MS Sharepoint from whatever CMS they were using before. The site is now uglier and with a lot more wasted space. The UXperson inside me just died a little.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone still use the Travel Bank? I hate scrolling down to get my itineraries and typically have about five trips booked at once, meaning a click-through was not required before to pull up everything but now is.

Therefore, I hate these changes.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Does anyone still use the Travel Bank? I hate scrolling down to get my itineraries and typically have about five trips booked at once, meaning a click-through was not required before to pull up everything but now is. ...
why not use the Travel bank -- after 5 credits -- its free money -- but would agree it should be a hyperlink or further down the page.

Even the old system had limit on itins shown on the My Account, it appears less now. If getting to itins in the less clicks, just start on the home page and not waste the click to get to My Account.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
.... Therefore, I hate these changes.
seems a strong words for minor issue
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by colpuck
From the looks of it, UA.com is slowly being ported over to MS Sharepoint from whatever CMS they were using before. The site is now uglier and with a lot more wasted space. The UXperson inside me just died a little.
What? There are enterprises still moving to Sharepoint, and not the other way around? Ugh.

I bet they'll re-announce IE 6 support in the next website release.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
why not use the Travel bank -- after 5 credits -- its free money -- but would agree it should be a hyperlink or further down the page.
I always book through a TA, so I never get any Travelbank credit. It's useless to me.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 27, 2013 at 7:47 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
The trusted traveler number, if entered, now shows up on the reservation screen itself, near the seat numbers, so one doesn't have to do a lot of clicking to confirm the number is there. Big improvement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.