Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

April 2013 - Updated Messages, Layout, etc. on UAL.COM [PASS ID Field is Back!]

Old Apr 22, 13, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

I wonder what's happening with this maintenance window? Been going on since at least 6AM EDT.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 22, 13 at 9:30 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Apr 22, 13, 9:25 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Yeah, and I really need to make a flight change for later today! Hope this gets fixed fast!
Old Apr 22, 13, 9:33 am

I just checked in for 3 of my flights for tomorrow with no problem and printed out my b/p's!. This notice was on there last night @ 10 p.m. PDT.
Old Apr 22, 13, 9:49 am

Curious as well at what they are doing -- maybe they are actually improving performance of ticketing or something (wishful thinking I know).
Old Apr 22, 13, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
Somewhat coincided with statements finally being processed, so maybe has something to do with that?
Old Apr 22, 13, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
i submitted an award rez for ticketing at 0545 PST this morning and still not ticketed.
Old Apr 22, 13, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
Somewhat coincided with statements finally being processed, so maybe has something to do with that?
Maybe but I feel like it has to do with something bigger. When they turned over the statements in the past (even on CO), they never had maintenance notifications.
Old Apr 22, 13, 11:39 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
The message box is gone now, but when I tried to SDC my EWR-BOS flight from 5:30 to 7:30 or even 9:55, it wants an add-collect of $646 as a 1K!!! I'm going to try calling next....
Old Apr 22, 13, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by kit125 View Post
The message box is gone now, but when I tried to SDC my EWR-BOS flight from 5:30 to 7:30 or even 9:55, it wants an add-collect of $646 as a 1K!!! I'm going to try calling next....
Is there space in the fare class?
Old Apr 22, 13, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
It is gone now. Be interesting to see if we find anything new.
Old Apr 22, 13, 12:35 pm

This couldn't have happened at a worse time, as soon as my last flight posts I'll be gold and I'm flying pit sfo las tomorrow?
Old Apr 22, 13, 1:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RockinRon View Post
I wonder what's happening with this maintenance window? Been going on since at least 6AM EDT. ....
it was there yesterday (4/21)

Maybe unrelated by the first MP "monthly" statement was generated yesterday. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tatements.html after this noticed was posted.
Old Apr 23, 13, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I still have it when I look at my MP account page. I tried yesterday to get 25,000 lost miles re-instated but the rep said it couldn't be done until maintenance is done. Does any know what the maintenance is?
Old Apr 23, 13, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zoegksf View Post
I still have it when I look at my MP account page. I tried yesterday to get 25,000 lost miles re-instated but the rep said it couldn't be done until maintenance is done. Does any know what the maintenance is?
Hmmm...just checked my account page, but I don't have any notice about maintenance...
Old Apr 27, 13, 1:21 am

FYI, I've finally noticed a difference (other than MP statements coming out): They seem to have updated the flight change tool, at least as I'm seeing it.

I really prefer to use the flight change tool to do SDC (rather than the app/kiosk/OLCI SDC tools) because it lets you specify the new routing more specifically. (There are lots of permissible alternatives that the other tools might or might not show you, depending on your luck.) The problem has been that any given search using the flight change tool would result in a random collection of flights, so you would have to do the search multiple times. And it would often just give up and hit you with an error message.

Now, it seems to be showing me a wider set of flights, and not pooping out. They also got rid of the selection for ow/rt/multi, and it just lets you add legs (like in a multi search). I'm happy.

Search this Thread