Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsquireFlyer
For a limited time, you can earn 50% more MileagePlus® Premier® qualifying miles on roundtrip United-operated flights around the world. Purchase your ticket in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst®, United Business® or United Economy® (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V fare classes).

Simply register, book and complete your travel by May 23, 2013.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/promotions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=TB5M11
Print Wikipost

[TARGETED] 50% PQM miles promotion - TB5M11

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by milepig
I wasn't allowed to enroll, but instead got this message:

Account xxxxxxxx is not eligible for this offer (TB5M11).

I'm sort of glad since I booked a trip to Tokyo YESTERDAY and would have been really mad at myself had this worked.
24-hour cancellation window? Neither here nor there, but I'd be calling up UA immediately had that been the case.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:23 pm

As far as data points are concerned: Last year, I was flying at a normal rate, on track to re-qualify for 1K status for most of the year, and I was excluded from all targeted promotions. This year, my travel on UA has gone to nearly zero, and I'm still apparently excluded from all targeted promotions.

By contrast, before the takeover, I was included in nearly all promotions, and the odd time when I wasn't included, I always got added just for asking. Last year, I asked to be added to two promotions, and both requests were refused. I was even able to get retroactive qualification in cases where I had purchased a flight before the promotion was announced, from the old UA.

Not seeing any pattern in terms of the notion that one is targeted or excluded based on spending too much or spending too little.

I know they make a lot of money by transporting primates around the country for lab research. Perhaps they are using the primates, while in transit, to select who is eligible for these things?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I got it. Current 1K with about 40K PQMs so far this year and another 10K booked.

Funny thing is, I almost overlooked it. I get so much email from United/Mileage Plus (myself plus three additional family members whose accounts I manage) that half the time I don't even look at it. Guess I learned my lesson...although not yet sure I'll be able to use this.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: Oz Diamond,
I got this email promotion but deleted the email without reading it. Then, I found the promotion on Flyer talk website, registered but might not go for it. I tried to stop flying United since last year due to all of the “enhancements “I would like.

I have spent about 8K my own money on ANA this year and already spent 7K of my company’s money on Asiana. I only spent $900 on United this year and I am planning to spend another 8-10K on business travel this year. It won’t be United’s ticket. I am nobody but I will show United what I can do.

Polar Bear
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:33 pm

Not eligible...figures

Data point, only 20k PQMs thus far in 2013 with about ~$7k in spend
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: UAL LT Gold (used to be a 1K) 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Anyone can enroll, but if you're not targeted, you won't get the bonus.
As one who wasn't targeted, where does one go to try to register for it? I can't find anywhere on the website to enter the promo code.

JJ
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wife and I have identical flights so far in 2013. I got targeted, she did not.

I realize that it's human nature to try to see patterns in the noise, but it's pretty clear to me that this is entirely random. COdbaUA is sort of a random airline, so I guess this makes sense.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got the email. Current 1K with 11,800 PQM. If I have two flights on FareLock but haven't purchased them yet, will they count towards the 50% promotion after I pay?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by JetJunkie
As one who wasn't targeted, where does one go to try to register for it? I can't find anywhere on the website to enter the promo code.
JJ
Did you read the thread?

I've already made Plat for next year and will be 1K soon. Of course I'm not eligible for this offer. Frustrating, but Delta did this all the time so I'm somewhat desensitized to this approach of rewarding their less-frequent fliers.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: UAL LT Gold (used to be a 1K) 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Yes, I read the thread. Some people who weren't targeted were able to register so I thought I'd try it...what's the harm?

JJ
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have two trips to book in the window.

BWI-LAX
V bucket $705
Cheapest non-stop
K-bucket 330

BWI-IAH
E bucket 765 which is the cheapest fare

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
I was targeted for this, but of course I just bought a ticket yesterday for a trip in the promotion window and my next trip returns just outside the window, so ends up being useless.

One more data point, I'm at 40k PQM (about normal), but I was looking and my typical $/mile is down from about .21 to .14 this year, who knows what goes into their algorithms.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
My son, who has three domestic segments this year (albeit in qualifying fare classes) was targeted. Me, with 70K PQM so far, was not. I was unable to register.

Originally Posted by JetJunkie

JJ
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB5M11
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Got the offer, 1K with 46k PQM YTD, been flying on a weird mix of fares this year, some full-fare, some mid-discount Y and a smattering of el-cheapo N fares (as in 'N'ot getting an upgrade ). We'll see, maybe this will convince me to push a tcon fare up from W-V and fork over a few extra bucks...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
50% more Premier qualifying miles are yours
! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

Account XXXXXXX is not eligible for this offer (TB5M11).

Damn

Neither is anyone in my family

Last edited by ilovesprint; Apr 17, 2013 at 3:57 pm Reason: edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.