Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Upgrade Notification FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Seat Upgrade Notification FAIL

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Please move if it belongs in another thread.

I received an email that my IAD-DEN flight had been upgraded to F. Unfortunately when I log into .bomb it's still showing me in Y and won't let me select a seat up front?

Is this a know bug? Does it take hours to process once I get the email? Or did I get the email erroneously and I'm really not upgraded. It looks like they pulled the RPUs!

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Call. Since it's instrument supported vs. CPU, sometimes I've noticed the F segment gets added separately, or the Y one not removed, and a call is required to fix it. I've never had that problem with CPUs but have seen it several times with instruments--must have to do with the way UA processes them.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:16 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
....Does it take hours to process once I get the email? ...
call and get the ticket resync'ed -- it takes ;ess than a minute. Seems to happen to RPU supported upgrades that clear have being waitlisted.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Thanks for everyone's replies. I went to lunch and had a meeting so I couldn't check back until now. What's interesting is that United's web site allowed me to select a seat in F so it indeed appears that the email's are going out in advance of the underlying web interface allowing you to make the seat change.

Thought everyone should know. At least it got resolved and didn't need to call.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: United Gold
I wonder if this has something to do with my upgrade eligibility arrows disappearing...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Upgrade eligibilty arrows gone

Love_to_Travel is not alone: the "Upgrade Eligible" arrows on three of my forthcoming itineraries have disappeared as well. I hope that this does not mean that I will not be considered for CPU.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Call - they will sort it out. I had exactly the same thing happen with IAH-NRT and they were able to fix it in no time. Sitting up front now - woo hoo!!! :-)
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Upgrade arrows seem to disappear from time to time -- only to re-appear in a day or so ????
Being upgraded is one reason but random fickleness is also another. My bet is on the latter in most cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.