Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What now? Late aircraft means I blow last flight of day connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What now? Late aircraft means I blow last flight of day connection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Talked to an agent & she said there are some delays, so there's a chance I would blow the connection. I was looking at DEN routing today, but also asked about first flight out tomorrow as a back-up.

There was space on the 6am through DEN tomorrow & both segments tomorrow are mainline vs. DEN-GRR RJ tonight getting in at midnight, so since I've got mtgs & I feel like total dog-poo w/ this cold/flu coming on, I decided to switch to tomorrow's 6am flight. Talked to clients & they're willing to pick up hotel (they're all staying until tomorrow themselves).

Thanks all for the help/advice/input, and now I know what to do if I run into a possible blown last flight of day connection in the future. You all are the best!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
You could fly NS on DL to DTW (looks like <$400 OW), rent a car and drive to GRR. Assuming you don't have any more segments on your United ticket after GRR.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by sbm12
So call United and actually be pro-active.

Posting on FlyerTalk isn't going to fix the delay issues. Call and ask how they can get you home today. Doing some research on viable options would be a help, too.
ROTFL
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Beerman92
You could fly NS on DL to DTW (looks like <$400 OW), rent a car and drive to GRR. Assuming you don't have any more segments on your United ticket after GRR.
Actually, that's a good option even if you have additional segments on the ticket, if you don't mind driving. UA can endorse the ticket over to DL if you will misconnect and force you to overnight at connecting point.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Talked to an agent & she said there are some delays, so there's a chance I would blow the connection. I was looking at DEN routing today, but also asked about first flight out tomorrow as a back-up.

There was space on the 6am through DEN tomorrow & both segments tomorrow are mainline vs. DEN-GRR RJ tonight getting in at midnight, so since I've got mtgs & I feel like total dog-poo w/ this cold/flu coming on, I decided to switch to tomorrow's 6am flight. Talked to clients & they're willing to pick up hotel (they're all staying until tomorrow themselves).

Thanks all for the help/advice/input, and now I know what to do if I run into a possible blown last flight of day connection in the future. You all are the best!
That is the best option. Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sammyindc
That is the best option. Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow
Thanks! And thanks to all those who provided helpful input. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.