Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sandiegofun
So does this mean the SFO IFL will be crowded with people showering? I really hope not. That is about the only enjoyable refuge in the UA system.
There were no changes to the entry criteria for the SFO IFL. UA Insider only mentioned that for those that have access to the IFL anyway, there are showers available outside of the "Arrivals" lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UA Insider
We do still have dedicated Arrivals Lounges at SFO and LHR, which at present are only open for eligible arriving customers. However, it’s worth noting that there are also several showers available at the SFO Global First Lounge, for any customer eligible to use that lounge.
This says anyone with UC access can shower in the SFO IFL. I really dislike this policy in a huge way.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I am not reading UA Insiders post as anyone with UC (United Club) access can use the GFL (Global First Lounge).

To my reading, it says anyone that meets the access criteria for the GFL can use the showers in that lounge if they come into SFO outside of the "Arrival by United" hours.

The text you quoted says nothing about the general United Club
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am not reading UA Insiders post as anyone with UC (United Club) access can use the GFL (Global First Lounge).

To my reading, it says anyone that meets the access criteria for the GFL can use the showers in that lounge if they come into SFO outside of the "Arrival by United" hours.
Ah. I missed the word 'eligible'. I do hope that means GFL eligible and not UC eligible. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tuolumne
love the old h2o+ products provided...anyone remember those? Sea-derived skincare. I liked them so much I still use the shower gel to this day. Local Chicago based company. Still saw their products at Disney Hotels.
+1...Great products! I saw them heavily discounted at Home Goods near LAX just last week...I purchased the shower gel and lotion.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Showers are available at ORD C16 for all

I can reconfirm the 5:30am start time for the showers. Very nice, just like the shower rooms at NRT club. Nice kits, to be honest a bit overkill for a domestic connection but I won't turn it down!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by 1KPath
+1...Great products! I saw them heavily discounted at Home Goods near LAX just last week...I purchased the shower gel and lotion.
It you really like H2O products, they do have an annual warehouse sale in Chicago west loop where their headquarters located, their products are even more heavily discounted than what you saw in HomeGoods.

I go there every year to stock up on my travel supplies.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
This says anyone with UC access can shower in the SFO IFL. I really dislike this policy in a huge way.
+100
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 5khours
Originally Posted by UA Insider
However, it’s worth noting that there are also several showers available at the SFO Global First Lounge, for any customer eligible to use that lounge.
+100
I fail to understand this interpretation.

UC access doesn't grant IFL/Arrival lounge access. Access to SFO IFL showers are available for anyone with access to that lounge, not to lounges in general.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I fail to understand this interpretation.

UC access doesn't grant IFL/Arrival lounge access. Access to SFO IFL showers are available for anyone with access to that lounge, not to lounges in general.
Earlier posters on this thread are claiming that (for ORD at least) anyone in the UC club can use the showers.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by 5khours
Earlier posters on this thread are claiming that (for ORD at least) anyone in the UC club can use the showers.
The showers in ORD are also connected to the UC in addition to the IFL. No one is getting IFL access that doesn't already have it, not in ORD, not in SFO. The showers in SFO are *not* connected to the UC, so UC members are *not* getting access to them, nor the IFL.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
The showers in ORD are also connected to the UC in addition to the IFL. No one is getting IFL access that doesn't already have it, not in ORD, not in SFO. The showers in SFO are *not* connected to the UC, so UC members are *not* getting access to them, nor the IFL.
This.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
very nice upgrade to the UC system. I would like to see shower facilities in LAX and IAD for sure. JFK for ps as well.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
very nice upgrade to the UC system. I would like to see shower facilities in LAX and IAD for sure. JFK for ps as well.
If UA was to institute showers at a west coast gateway it would become my target for TPAC destinations. Ever since the SFO SQ SKL became picky about allowing pax to enter my shower options have evaporated.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Thanks United! I finally have proof someone reads my signature. :-D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.