Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
No it is not, both showers at IAH in C and E open and close according to the lounge hours, the showers there don't and never have separate hours, as CO do not have arrivals lounge like PMUA does.
Really? I could have sworn I saw a placard on the desk where the lady sits saying hours like 6:00am to 10:30am only a week ago. I might have imagined it since I just got off the EZE flight and was totally fried. I will have to look next time I am there.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
This is good news. I usually try to book my international flights through EWR/IAH and sometimes IAD as they have showers, but ORD will certainly open up more routing options.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hey alright! ^ Could have used these a year ago after I spent the night on the floor at ORD but better late than never.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Time traveller
This is good news. I usually try to book my international flights through EWR/IAH and sometimes IAD as they have showers, but ORD will certainly open up more routing options.
IAD only LH lounge have showers, and it is limited hours.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hey alright! ^ Could have used these a year ago after I spent the night on the floor at ORD but better late than never.
According to UA Insider at post #39, the rule only effective since January 1st, so you would still be showerless a year ago.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
As of January 1, the ORD and GRU shower facilities are now fully integrated with the adjacent lounges, bringing the shower access policy in line with NRT, HKG, IAH and EWR. In short, if you have access to the UC/GFL at these airports, you can also use the showers, no matter if you are arriving (connecting) or departing.

Aaron Goldberg (I'm back)
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 17, 2013 at 6:57 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Wait... do they still hand out "shower kit" or upon request only? Because the last time (two weeks ago) I took a shower in EWR and the only "shower kit" they have were three wall-installed shampoo,conditioner, and body wash containers in the shower room.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

There was a nice kit on the counter when I entered the room. No wall dispensers in the shower.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
According to UA Insider at post #39, the rule only effective since January 1st, so you would still be showerless a year ago.
Oh I know, I was just saying I wish the rule had been changed a year ago!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Beating IAH, ORD now has the best showers in the domestic system.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1
There was a nice kit on the counter when I entered the room. No wall dispensers in the shower.
The soaps are in the kit in small tubes.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:42 pm

Nice Murad products - love them and love the shower. I actually took a shower before my flight across the pond. Instead of having to wash my face in the sink, I took a leisurely shower and was ready for bed when I boarded the flight.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by flyer89
Wait... do they still hand out "shower kit" or upon request only? Because the last time (two weeks ago) I took a shower in EWR and the only "shower kit" they have were three wall-installed shampoo,conditioner, and body wash containers in the shower room.
There was no "still hand out" or "upon request only" in EWR, as there was NEVER a kit in EWR showers !

Shower kit is a PMUA thing and of course only available in PMUA hubs (ask yourself if IAH was a PMUA hub or not ), though CO do have their version of shower kit in IAH only available on request that come with different stuff other than bodywash, shampoo, conditioner (IAH also have dispenser like EWR). The bag was a black suede zipper bag that printed Continental Airline. Since the merger, the CO wording had removed from the bag.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 18, 2013 at 7:58 pm
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by goodeats21
From UA Insider's post, the showers at ORD are available during all times the UC is open.
Not quite all hours - I tried to use it when they opened, 4:30 a.m., on the 21st this week - I was told that the showers don't open until 5:30, unfortunately that was after my flight was going to start boarding so I had to skip it.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by bamboola
Nice Murad products - love them and love the shower. I actually took a shower before my flight across the pond. Instead of having to wash my face in the sink, I took a leisurely shower and was ready for bed when I boarded the flight.
love the old h2o+ products provided...anyone remember those? Sea-derived skincare. I liked them so much I still use the shower gel to this day. Local Chicago based company. Still saw their products at Disney Hotels.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi goodeats21, the ORD showers will have the same opening hours as the UC/GFL.

Aaron Goldberg (I'm back)
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Originally Posted by goodeats21
From UA Insider's post, the showers at ORD are available during all times the UC is open.
Originally Posted by richwyo
Not quite all hours - I tried to use it when they opened, 4:30 a.m., on the 21st this week - I was told that the showers don't open until 5:30, unfortunately that was after my flight was going to start boarding so I had to skip it.
Hmmm...that is a bummer. Thanks for letting us know. I have an early morning visit planned in a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
Showers are available at ORD C16 for all

So does this mean the SFO IFL will be crowded with people showering? I really hope not. That is about the only enjoyable refuge in the UA system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.